Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zone "Sky"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, MR Gold
you mean FO's aren't used to being dumped on by DL yet ?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: DL GM
Flying out of PHL tomorrow and noticed that I am in zone PREM for both legs, although I was only upgraded for the second leg. I have never had that happen before, usually zone 1 (back when I was FO) for non-upgraded leg and PREM for upgraded. Is this a IT glitch or new SOP?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by matuag
Flying out of PHL tomorrow and noticed that I am in zone PREM for both legs, although I was only upgraded for the second leg. I have never had that happen before, usually zone 1 (back when I was FO) for non-upgraded leg and PREM for upgraded. Is this a IT glitch or new SOP?
This sounds like an IT glitch... But when it works in a passenger's favor the IT department seems to be able to fix these bugs fairly quickly.

Now if it were a glitch that made things worse for everyone (i.e. the award calendar) then it would immediately go to the bottom of their seemingly endless project pipeline.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matuag
Are you in an exit row on the non-upgrade leg?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Are you in an exit row on the non-upgrade leg?
No, have a short connection so I booked the closest row to the front i could, and I'm not tall enought to care too much about exit rows. I would have assumed I would get Leg1=SKY & Leg2=PREM. I'm just not looking forward to the confused GA that tells me I'm not in first class when I try to board, eh, prolly just wait for SKY to board.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, National Executive, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by amolkold
Just printed a BP for tmrw and saw this ...

What are FOs getting now? Zone 1 or 2? I'm all for them getting in a zone ahead of an SM with just an AmEx. But if they're Zone 1, we might have some DYKWIA FOs trying to board first.

This seemingly easy process is getting too complicated.
But DYKWIA FOs are the funniest customers Delta has. I'm all for this if it causes people to rant about how they deserve special treatment for taking two international flights in the same year with the same airline (or a handful of domestic ones).
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Nick207
But DYKWIA FOs are the funniest customers Delta has. I'm all for this if it causes people to rant about how they deserve special treatment for taking two international flights in the same year with the same airline (or a handful of domestic ones).
Hmmm

Says the DYKWIA PM.

I'm sorry my $35000.00 expenditures on Delta to earn FO are not "impressive" enough to warrant "special treatment" in your eyes.

A FO travels more than 95% (guestimate) of all Delta customers and I think that deserves some recognition.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by zsmith2
It's the same boarding process just different names of zones. Not sure why everybody is up in arms about it.
For a FO with an exit row seat (which describes the majority of my flying) this is not the same process. Previously I was able to board with SP in Zone 1, now I'll be boarding after SP in "Zone 1" which is really the old Zone 2. Don't imagine it will much difference out of EYW, but it will in ATL.

I don't really know why FOs with exit row seats were in Zone 1 in the first place, but just pointing out that in some cases the quote above is incorrect.

Should be able to make it to GM this year and escape the constant devaluation of FO. Hopefully DL doesn't come after the GMs next.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by chrisj85
For a FO with an exit row seat (which describes the majority of my flying) this is not the same process. Previously I was able to board with SP in Zone 1, now I'll be boarding after SP in "Zone 1" which is really the old Zone 2. Don't imagine it will much difference out of EYW, but it will in ATL.

I don't really know why FOs with exit row seats were in Zone 1 in the first place, but just pointing out that in some cases the quote above is incorrect.

Should be able to make it to GM this year and escape the constant devaluation of FO. Hopefully DL doesn't come after the GMs next.
It was because you were in an exit row, had nothing to with being FO. The Kettles that had exit row since I believe Sept have been given zone 1 boarding.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Both my BPs today were marked zone 'Prem' (one a FC upgrade and the other a no-FC CRJ200). On the FC flight, the GA boarded the usual FC, then zone 1, on the CRJ200 Zone 1 first (no preboards in either case). The new boarding order evidently hasn't reached the GA level yet.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
It was because you were in an exit row, had nothing to with being FO. The Kettles that had exit row since I believe Sept have been given zone 1 boarding.
I think it's been true longer than that at least for FOs, I seem to remember having Zone 1 boarding when in exit rows for well over a year now.

In any case, from the perspective of a FO who frequently sits in exit rows, this is yet another unwelcome change.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: DL GM, Hyatt
Now when I board, I will be wondering if it is Zone "Sky" or Sky Zone.

http://blog.delta.com/2011/07/11/del...for-your-kids/

Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM
To state the obvious, doesn't it seem as if the *entire plane* should be "sky zone"?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Silver, Marriott Silver
"Your Choice of Trip Extras" explains it all.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...i-fi-pass.html

How do you explain to someone that they just paid extra for the third or fourth boarding group? You call it "Zone 1", and fail to mention that you are behind pre-boards, First Class, and Sky-priority.

Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by spidaman
Now when I board, I will be wondering if it is Zone "Sky" or Sky Zone.
The new boarding announcement:
"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Sky Zone."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.