Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I know what you are saying (and agree that the level of entitlement is unbelievable) but they will almost NEVER sell out FC on a DTW-LAX 777. VERY FEW FC cabins sell more than 50% at full FC price. You will occasionally get higher "paid" numbers on routes where they sell A fares but 100% sold out is very rare.
I fully understand this, I'm just saying that some flights have more paid FC passengers and occassionally have more premium traffic that make an upgrade more difficult. I can tell you that a lot of the traffic on that flight was continuing on to Sydney and some was connecting traffic from Europe it seemed. I'm guessing the guy purchased his ticket like a couple days before the flight at a lower bucket fare and it was probably after a lot of DM and PMs already had cleared upgrades which made him not be upgraded. I have several friends that are Diamonds and they always buy lower bucket fares L, U, T and get upgraded but the routes they seem to be most unsuccessful on are the hub-hub flights and transcons (JFK-LAX). I love flying through MSP, DTW and MEM because they seem to be the easiest to get upgrades, especially at your window
Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
We see a lot of them in FT, too. They elevate DYKWHIA to a new level.
After reading this thread. there may need to be an amendment:

DYKWFIA

mo
Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MachOne
After reading this thread. there may need to be an amendment:

DYKWFIA

mo
Yea I noticed that too.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:00 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Absolutely. What you do not understand (but will after the ceremony when you cross DM) is that DMs have control of the entire FC seat map. Even if you get an aisle, I am going to come along and move you over. Nice unpublished perk but I want to be able to move people back to coach so I can get more companions up front..
Ha! Funny! I was wondering why all of the hubub on that recent thread - "Who moved my seats?" I'm picturing playing bejeweled - DM moving people's seats around like colored jewels on the screen! Maybe not even for your own benefit - just for fun, or just because you can!!!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Absolutely. What you do not understand (but will after the ceremony when you cross DM) is that DMs have control of the entire FC seat map. Even if you get an aisle, I am going to come along and move you over. Nice unpublished perk but I want to be able to move people back to coach so I can get more companions up front..

OMG that was YOU. I swear someone came in and changed all my seats this week. I actually now write them down in case I was imagining this.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
OMG that was YOU. I swear someone came in and changed all my seats this week. I actually now write them down in case I was imagining this.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL 5MM/PM/FC, UA Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Life Plat, HLT Gold, Club Carlson Concierge
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Did he have flyer talk bag tags as well?
I feel so dirty and unworthy being a lowly PM MM - I'm just grateful that Delta allows me to sit in 37d between the sumo wrestlers with weak kidneys
Man, I am so with you on this! I can't get upgraded these days to save my soul, but it's no big deal. I wish Delta would actually give us MMs a bit of status... I'm amazed at the new elite folks and their entitlement mentality...
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Ha! Funny! I was wondering why all of the hubub on that recent thread - "Who moved my seats?" I'm picturing playing bejeweled - DM moving people's seats around like colored jewels on the screen! Maybe not even for your own benefit - just for fun, or just because you can!!!
This would be a lot of fun, either on delta.dumb or as a new enhancement to IFE.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:44 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

What's next? Hi I am a Diamond, and I have to bypass the TSA?

Some people nowadays

I agree with avidflyer regarding LA people's DYKWFIA attitude.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Speaking on entitlement or...whatever, check out the other thread over there about BIS Diamonds. Stating that he or she achieved DM status WITHOUT any bonuses or whatever, got DM by actually flying 125K miles.....implying that he/she is a REAL Diamond, not some fake diamond like me since I got a few bonus miles this year.

It goes on and on.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:03 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by randidliyo
Stating that he or she achieved DM status WITHOUT any bonuses or whatever, got DM by actually flying 125K miles.....
Don't their cards and luggage tags have a special gold star or something?

Edited to add . . . I understand the gold stars are removable, so you can peel them off your DM card and put them on your forhead for everyone to see inflight!

Last edited by davetravels; Oct 14, 2010 at 11:20 pm
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:29 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Originally Posted by randidliyo
Speaking on entitlement or...whatever, check out the other thread over there about BIS Diamonds. Stating that he or she achieved DM status WITHOUT any bonuses or whatever, got DM by actually flying 125K miles.....implying that he/she is a REAL Diamond, not some fake diamond like me since I got a few bonus miles this year.

It goes on and on.
Yes, we call you a CZ-DM. Cubic Zirconia.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA, SQ, SPG, HH, Marriott, Hyatt Gold, Amex MM
I wasn't talking to you specifically. I was responding to the fact that you said the person might be a FT member and I was stating that this happened while boarding a flight to LAX.
It's always great at LAX when you are 67th on the U/G list on the ATL run.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:59 am

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
I have NEVER seen anything like this.

We were getting ready to board, they call FC, we are actually on the blue carpet and they start boarding. I am standing with another woman talking and moving towards the scanner, and only one other person is in front of us. All of a sudden out of no where some guy comes from the back, says excuse me I'm a Diamond I have to board (no kidding) then he tells his 4 buddies, oh come up with me and they all cut in front of everyone to go to the front of the line. The GA scans all the BP's and let's them on and me and the other woman just stop and stare like did that really happen? So we get on board and of course I expect to see them all in FC, the Diamond guy is In first and the "buddies" are in the last few rows of coach.
Maybe his need for "status" here means he's trying to compensate for lack of "status" elsewhere
Old Oct 15, 2010, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
Edited to add . . . I understand the gold stars are removable, so you can peel them off your DM card and put them on your forhead for everyone to see inflight!
Maybe DL should start issuing tiaras to DMs that they can wear from now on, waltzing through airports, in the lounge and inflight.

Susan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.