Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Taz
That's exactly what I do! Although I do have lowly FO status again, I pay to ride up front. I've left my old FO tag on my backpack just for amusement. I rarely get thru an entire trip without hearing a snarky comment from someone about their upgrade being "stolen". Sad and hilarious at the same time.
This thread is going to explode if (more likely when) DL's complimentary upgrade policy moves a Medallion booked in C- to C+ and reserves F upgrades for those booked directly into C+. Got me thinking I should credit some miles to Aeroflot or MEA just to get a silver tag to put on travel bag
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by Taz
That's exactly what I do! Although I do have lowly FO status again, I pay to ride up front. I've left my old FO tag on my backpack just for amusement. I rarely get thru an entire trip without hearing a snarky comment from someone about their upgrade being "stolen". Sad and hilarious at the same time.
Sad is that you actual think anyone around you cares about how you got your seat.

Even sadder. Paying money for an inferior product to feel important.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:39 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Sad is that you actual think anyone around you cares about how you got your seat.

It may be sad that people do care about it, but he's 100% correct to think that they do care. This forum is full of proof that people do in fact care.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by pvn
It may be sad that people do care about it, but he's 100% correct to think that they do care. This forum is full of proof that people do in fact care.
Yes because we know FT is a complete and comprehensive example of all travelers
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Hey! I'm a charter KM and still haven't got my tag yet

Who should I goto to resolve this
You don't need it. They know who you are.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM
ugh...I want a KM tag!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs

Who really cares about anything, including posts on a website like this? I enjoy it, but you've opened my eyes to how meaningless this all is.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by spamkiller
You don't need it. They know who you are.
Ah, this was the best post yet. You just made my day ^
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
You can alwayz get one of these gems........
I want that. ^
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
You can alwayz get one of these gems........
At some point the airlines will invoke the Theory of Limits for all upgrades and awards.
Like Hercules who always cuts the distance between him and the finish line by 1/2, we will never make it.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Where have all the DYKWIA's gone?? It's been almost a month. I need a good story!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
OK - a reverse DYKWIA story. Two weeks ago I was helping my wife check in at PSC on split tickets to Europe and needing her checked bag to be checked through to the final destination. Counter Agent was having issues and another came over to help who I recognized from my flying. About half way through helping getting the bag properly checked she looks up and recognizes me and starts gushing to my wife how I am a life saver for them. She remembers that I usually ask about flights being overbooked and looking for VDB vouchers. Nice to be on their good side but I was surprised about her reaction. Another time I was flying UA (non-DL destination) and another agent looked up and was surprised to see me at the United counter. Both of them (and others) know me by name too. Sure sign that I fly far too much.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Maybe they have all learned their lesson and no longer act like DYKWIA, but rather quietly go about their travels as the Phrase at the top of the Thread suggests.

How to not end up in this thread:
Don't talk about your status, nobody cares. Use the experience you got while gaining your status to help others.

Although I admit, I love a good DYKWIA story.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by QDDawg
Maybe they have all learned their lesson and no longer act like DYKWIA, but rather quietly go about their travels as the Phrase at the top of the Thread suggests.
In the words (word) of Russell Ziskey: "Nooo"
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Well not really a DYKWIA, but the guy sitting next to me yesterday was desperately trying to find a way to upgrade to FC for his onward connection. Chill dude, ATL-MIA is not a long flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.