Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kop84
The funny thing to me is that DL itself would probably prefer to bump no status, no FF number people as they are far less likely to use the certs, or they're going to use them for a weekend flight to MCO or some other leisure destination where they are hardly expecting the high dollar late bookings.

The Gate Agent would prefer to VDB a medallion as they understand how the process works and what they are and are not getting.

My guess is the potential discrepancy in people's experience has far more to do with the individual GA's experience and what options are open.

Seat open on the next non-stop flight plus X in DL$'s is easy to understand for most anyone

Seat in F on a backwards connection route leaving in 20 minutes in a different concourse X DL$'s, they know you're coming, here's your BP now run! You're going to need an experienced traveler after some additional MQM's!
This makes a lot of sense. Plus, the elite is likely to approach the GA with a request for particular feasible flights, which makes VDBs for elites quick and easy for the GA to process, even if we do tend to request FC seats as part of the deal.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WWads
One would hope. If it was just ATL-MKE, VIPR needs to be ripped from its server rack and shredded immediately.
This should definitely be done immediately anyway. I hate VIPR and what it's done to me. On the most recent round, despite being in FC, it offered me coach on a flight that was F6 at the time but became a last minute gate upgrade for me.

Doesn't VIPR know who I am?

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 11, 2017 at 8:51 am
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by injera
Aw man, and here i was hoping to get yelled at by someone

While I dont regret my actions, I could see this still being a minor DYKWIA. FC gets free drinks. Seat 11A on a CR2 does not. CR2's dont have wifi and thus dont take credit cards. Perhaps I should have known this. Technically I pushed for something I wasnt entitled to. Delta did give us a partial refund and 5,000 miles each for the downgrade.
While there might be an element to DYKWIA to it, you recognize there may have been a better way for you to address the situation - plus I think being downgraded to a CR2 deserves some leeway for anybody's actions. Most DYKWIA aren't self aware enough to even broach the idea that they might not be 100% in the right.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by Dovster
I'm sorry but you are both wrong.

JFK is 4 meters above sea level. EWR is 5 meters. LGA 6 meters.

SAV is 15 meters above sea level. Hence, no matter which NYC airport you are using, you are flying up to SAV and down on the return.
So, Dovster, I guess that means if you fly in a seaplane from Eliat to the Dead Sea you are also flying down!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This should definitely be done immediately anyway. I hate VIPR and what it's done to me. On the most recent round, despite being in FC, it offered me coach on a flight that was F6 at the time but became a last minute gate upgrade for me.

Doesn't VIPR know who I am?
VIPR knows EXACTLY who you are. You've got your very own specialized coding in place to transfer you to the most inconvenient, god-awful seat and flight they can find.

Just think, every minute of every day, VIPR is trolling DL's records, searching for your Frequent Flyer Number, and doing everything it can to make your life miserable.

You should be paranoid ..... they're out to get you
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Yup, a lot of people getting bumped out of their seats today - my wife's flight ATL-LGA this morning was cancelled as was her FC seat. Was able to get her on another flight in exit row. Strange thing is that the DL system originally had her booked on an afternoon flight ATL-MKE, we talked while she was on the train to A in ATL, I told her to go to the Skyclub and they got it straightened out.
No FC despite being in FC? Got to love VIPER.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by rubesl
So, Dovster, I guess that means if you fly in a seaplane from Eliat to the Dead Sea you are also flying down!
Definitely. Keep in mind that the world is a ball floating in space and there is absolutely no way to know where the top of the ball is located. The only way to judge what is up and what is down is the distance from sea level.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
Definitely. Keep in mind that the world is a ball floating in space and there is absolutely no way to know where the top of the ball is located. The only way to judge what is up and what is down is the distance from sea level.
You could always bounce a laser off the moon.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Where is my Cod?

I flew from AMS to ATL today in D1. During boarding, two guys went back two seats and started talking to co-workers also seated in D1. They were talking and talking and they kept on getting in the way of there trying to board since they were standing in the aisle. The FA kept on making announcements to sit in your seat so others may pass, but that feel on deaf ears. Finally, there is an announcement for "Mr. XXX and Mr. YYYY." No, response. They were paged again..no response. The captain made an announcement that we would need to wait a while while they unload the luggage of some passengers who did not make the flight. All this time, the guys are still in the aisle talking and actually ignoring the FA when they asked them to sit down.

Just before closing the door, they sit down. They had the center row, I have the aisle and a box of popcorn ready. The FA walks by them asks they what they want for dinner. They said they didn't have menu's. So she got them menus and then asked for their names. Mr. XXX and Mr. YYYY. The FA said, I thought you had missed this flight we kept on calling your name and I was about to give away your seats.

We then took off.

Mr. XXX complained that he wanted the for dinner. Cod was on the menu...But, by the time they ordered the cod was gone..

It tasted delicious.

Not sure if it is a DYKWIA, but it was entertaining to see it happen.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:27 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
So, they were calling their names. No answer. They were about to give away their seats. I guess they didn't have any checked bags, or else they would have been pulled!

How can you NOT hear your name being called MULTIPLE times on a PA system?!? One time, maybe.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by davetravels
So, they were calling their names. No answer. They were about to give away their seats. I guess they didn't have any checked bags, or else they would have been pulled!

How can you NOT hear your name being called MULTIPLE times on a PA system?!? One time, maybe.
Uh...

Originally Posted by securesmaskfirst
... The captain made an announcement that we would need to wait a while while they unload the luggage of some passengers who did not make the flight...
... so I wonder if their luggage made the flight after all.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
Uh.....
I didn't get a chance to take my daily nap 2day.

Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
I didn't get a chance to take my daily nap 2day.

Did you stay at the Holliday Inn Express last night??!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:48 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Did you stay at the Holliday Inn Express last night??!
Nope. Not even a HOLIDAY Inn Express.

Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Nope. Not even a HOLIDAY Inn Express.

UGGGGGGHHHHH................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.