Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Oh, please, you think TSA employees who work in airports actually fly?
Exactly. People that work for the TSA just simply wish they could fly and that is why they are partially so bitter and rude as they are simply envious of something we get to do.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Oh, please, you think TSA employees who work in airports actually fly?

Haha-- no chance. If they did, they'd understand why everyone hates them so...
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by pdac1975
I don't know, a lot of people are giving the OP a ^ for this. Kind of sounds like complete a-hole behavior to me.
I'd prefer carry-on regulations were enforced, to be honest, and anything that draws attention is normally way beyond those limits.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mattsteg
I'd prefer carry-on regulations were enforced, to be honest, and anything that draws attention is normally way beyond those limits.
I am all for enforcing the limits on size and qualtity - but is this really the TSA's job and do we really want to give them even more ways to touch our junk?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Shows how much the redcoats really care -- didn't bother to question the TSA agent? Explain to the TSA agent that he was out of line and well beyond his level of responsibility?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:38 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
...I don't remember exactly what I said or did but my friend says I cocked my head, rolled my eyes and said (I am quoting her as she quotes me) "Do you know who I f****en am? I am a platinum member is this how you threat your plats?"...
Wow. Just wow. I'm speechless. If that were me, I'd be way too ashamed to admit that here. Then again, I'd be too ashamed to utter the phrase (and cock my head and roll my eyes, etc.).
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
WOW, really? Was that really necessary? That was rude behavior on your part! All you had to do was say that you fly often, hand him your boarding pass, he would have seen that you were a PM. No reason to talk to someone like that,
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by USAF_Pride
Your mistake was attempting to have an intelligent conversation with TSA agents. It is easier to just ignore them and walk away. They won't chase after you too far as their electronic collars will tell their probation officers that they have left their place of employement.
hahah!!!! ^^
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott PPE,
Originally Posted by Pick2LiteMSP
Shows how much the redcoats really care -- didn't bother to question the TSA agent? Explain to the TSA agent that he was out of line and well beyond his level of responsibility?
And the TSA agent and friends will accept the embarrashment and will not try to harass that red coat who has to work at that terminal every day.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by bmw303
while I agree you were treated rudely, your attitude towards the red coat was also rude (particularly the cursing). Simply saying, "is this really how you treat your platinum members?" would probably have sufficed.
Have you every BEEN to New York? That's pretty much what you have to do to get some respect. Don't try this anywhere else, however.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by yvandoorn
Exactly. People that work for the TSA just simply wish they could fly and that is why they are partially so bitter and rude as they are simply envious of something we get to do.
You are correct. They all lie in bed every night wishing they were as awesome as you.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Seems like I need to fill in the blanks, as omiting the details makes me look rude.

For those curious about the bag in question is a samsonite xspace spinner, its not even the 18" version its the half version.
http://www.ebags.com/category/carry-on-luggage/2003536

As for those who say I was rude, how would you have acted if the TSA grabs your companions bag that you know is of legal size and says its too big when people with even bigger bags are walking by. He grabbed the bag and would not let it go and insisted she follow him. He got even more annoyed when I claimed posession of the bag and tried to say something suspicious was going on.

I also don't feel I should have to announce my status to get good customer service. I don't walk around with my tags on my carry-ons announcing my status they are only on my checked luggage which I hardly ever use.

I was being wronged by a 3rd party not Delta and Delta wants to side with the 3rd party simply because they don't know my status? All of you who feel I should of announced my status are those people who play the DYKWIA card every time you fly. the last thing on my mind when so close to the flight leaving is not my status but making the flight.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by Pick2LiteMSP
That was my question: Aren't the recoats there to be an advocate and problem-solver for the customer? I'll agree that there was plenty of boorish behavior on all sides.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Seems like I need to fill in the blanks, as omiting the details makes me look rude.

For those curious about the bag in question is a samsonite xspace spinner, its not even the 18" version its the half version.
http://www.ebags.com/category/carry-on-luggage/2003536

As for those who say I was rude, how would you have acted if the TSA grabs your companions bag that you know is of legal size and says its too big when people with even bigger bags are walking by. He grabbed the bag and would not let it go and insisted she follow him. He got even more annoyed when I claimed posession of the bag and tried to say something suspicious was going on.

I also don't feel I should have to announce my status to get good customer service. I don't walk around with my tags on my carry-ons announcing my status they are only on my checked luggage which I hardly ever use.

I was being wronged by a 3rd party not Delta and Delta wants to side with the 3rd party simply because they don't know my status? All of you who feel I should of announced my status are those people who play the DYKWIA card every time you fly. the last thing on my mind when so close to the flight leaving is not my status but making the flight.
You WERE rude, no two ways about it. Doesn't matter whether someone else was rude to you first. As I said before, I'd have tried to handle the situation with more tact, but you played the DYKWIA card (and seemed proud of it). You got what you wanted. Good for you. But don't expect everyone here to applaud you for the way you handled it.

Last edited by dchristiva; Feb 10, 2011 at 8:23 am
Old Feb 9, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by dchristiva
You WERE rude, no two ways about it. Doesn't matter whether someone else was rude to you first. As I said before, I'd have tried to handle the situation with more tact, but you played the DYKWIA card (and seemed proud of it). You got what you want. Good for you. But don't expect everyone here to applaud you for the way you handled it.
Exactly. Not to mention we are only hearing the OP's side of the story and even that makes him seem arrogant at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.