Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I love Dickens and I hate perfume.

+2
I hate the dickens out of perfume.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by DaChief
I hate the dickens out of perfume.
^ Yes, there it is!

Originally Posted by MrMan
I no longer wear suits to the ball game, theatre either, and sports coats just remind me too much of Herb Tarlek (anyone remember WKRP). I do use my buggy whip occasionally, but thats a story for another time.

My favorite thing when in FC and very casually dressed (flying to work on Sundays from Dallas in 100+ days in shorts) is to fold my boarding pass in half. When the DYKWIA busybody asks if I know this is the FC line, I just state "Oh it does not matter, they never check anyway". I know its stupid, but its a little fun.
Those whips can come in handy in la traffic, or just in LA.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by MrMan
Since when is flying FC equivalent to Commanders Palace? I have yet to see the Palace serve a sad wilted salad with warmed over chicken and a slice of Sam's cheesecake. Now they may have served Folgers Coffee! FC is just a bigger seat on a bus, nothing more.

I no longer wear suits to the ball game, theatre either, and sports coats just remind me too much of Herb Tarlek (anyone remember WKRP). I do use my buggy whip occasionally, but thats a story for another time.

My favorite thing when in FC and very casually dressed (flying to work on Sundays from Dallas in 100+ days in shorts) is to fold my boarding pass in half. When the DYKWIA busybody asks if I know this is the FC line, I just state "Oh it does not matter, they never check anyway". I know its stupid, but its a little fun.
The thought it was their normal coffee but Mrs. Olsen had secretly replaced it with Folger's crystals.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." back when there was something worth watching on TV.

Very funny re the BP. I once had a pax boarding with me in F tell me, "they're only boarding first class right now." And I replied, "That's where I'm sitting, I'm glad I'm in the right place, thanks so much!" I'm in my 30s but still look like a college student. It was a blessing when I was single
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by nccarguy
expensive leather sandals I was wearing were not.
You are a man and wearing sandals on the street?? :-D
Come on, sandals are for Kids. Ask you wife, sandals on older boys look silly, even if they are „expensive”.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:53 am

I could care less how people are dressed in FC. My issue is that a good many people sitting in FC are simply classless and clueless. It is the general inconsiderateness displayed by most people who fly in FC that irritates me.

Feet do not belong on the bulkhead or on the seat in front of you: they belong on the floor. And, exposing your bare feet on an A/C is simply selfish. If you take off your shoes, at least have the common courtesy to wear socks.

Also, if you do not want to use the pillow and blanket, given them to a FA, do not throw them on the floor. On a recent ATL-FLL flight some idiot sitting in row 6 of 6 took his pillow and blanket and threw them behind the seat and onto the floor.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
I could care less how people are dressed in FC. My issue is that a good many people sitting in FC are simply classless and clueless.

Feet do not belong on the bulkhead or on the seat in front of you: they belong on the floor. And, exposing your bare feet on an A/C is simply selfish. If you take off your shoes, at least have the common courtesy to wear socks.

Also, if you do not want to use the pillow and blanket, given them to a FA, do not throw them on the floor. On a recent ATL-FLL flight some idiot sitting in row 6 of 6 took his pillow and blanket and threw them behind the seat and onto the floor.

It is the general inconsiderateness displayed by most people who fly in FC that irritates me.
I would rather he throw them behind the seat than put his sock clad feet on them. after visiting the lav in those socks...... This just happened last week...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by Kölner
You are a man and wearing sandals on the street?? :-D
Come on, sandals are for Kids. Ask you wife, sandals on older boys look silly, even if they are „expensive”.
It wasn't the sandals. It was the knee high white socks that got him tossed from CP...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by dd992emo
It wasn't the sandals. It was the knee high white socks that got him tossed from CP...
. I will never understand socks snd sandals/flip flops....
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: US CP, DL PM
SFO-JFK 2/19 #30 6:15am

Didn't see much of the DYKWIA directly - but as we were waiting to take off, heard that there was a guy back in coach who was causing a stir. He wanted to sit in a specific exit row seat that he wasn't already seated in. Had complained to FAs that he was a diamond medallion member, etc. FAs were having a good time laughing at his expense.

Basically everyone was upgraded on this flight - 15 F seats for upgrades and only 5 people didn't clear. So I suspect this guy was a former diamond medallion member. After they reseated him, he came up to first and then starts moving around luggage and shoving his in the overhead where mine had been. I asked him not to move my luggage, but he ignored me and just kept shoving away. Eventually we took off and the FA up front apologized for this guy a little, but jeez....
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jondysse
Didn't see much of the DYKWIA directly - but as we were waiting to take off, heard that there was a guy back in coach who was causing a stir. He wanted to sit in a specific exit row seat that he wasn't already seated in. Had complained to FAs that he was a diamond medallion member, etc. FAs were having a good time laughing at his expense.

Basically everyone was upgraded on this flight - 15 F seats for upgrades and only 5 people didn't clear. So I suspect this guy was a former diamond medallion member. After they reseated him, he came up to first and then starts moving around luggage and shoving his in the overhead where mine had been. I asked him not to move my luggage, but he ignored me and just kept shoving away. Eventually we took off and the FA up front apologized for this guy a little, but jeez....
If he was seated in Y he should not have been allowed into the F cabin, and especially not allowed to rummage around in the OH bins. What in the world did he want up there?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: US CP, DL PM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
If he was seated in Y he should not have been allowed into the F cabin, and especially not allowed to rummage around in the OH bins. What in the world did he want up there?
I suspect he boarded late and ran out of overhead space near his seat. He was probably in the first row of Y. However, this was not at all a full flight and they did no gate checking of luggage. I think they were just indulging him to calm him down. He moved my bag and those of a few other pax to make more room to put his bag in the overhead.

Based on UG list, max 5 people didn't make the upgrade. So, I suspect this guy was a disgruntled former DM and now FO? I would guess a fair number of golds and maybe even a silver or two made it up front since I was likely at the bottom of the Plat list with my U fare (and I was 8 of 15 on the people upgraded).
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:45 pm
Suspended

I suspect he boarded late and ran out of overhead space near his seat. He was probably in the first row of Y. However, this was not at all a full flight and they did no gate checking of luggage. I think they were just indulging him to calm him down. He moved my bag and those of a few other pax to make more room to put his bag in the overhead.

Based on UG list, max 5 people didn't make the upgrade. So, I suspect this guy was a disgruntled former DM and now FO? I would guess a fair number of golds and maybe even a silver or two made it up front since I was likely at the bottom of the Plat list with my U fare (and I was 8 of 15 on the people upgraded).
If I can't ride in F at least my bag will by golly!

DYKWMBI?

LOL
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Dovster
Perhaps OT but I am curious: How did you manage to do this without getting the tux, shirt, etc, filthy?
BA 747 F port-side lav. I've seen smaller apartments in Manhattan.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:16 pm

I suspect he boarded late and ran out of overhead space near his seat. He was probably in the first row of Y..
Tough sh*t. That is why they have free gate check. F OH bins are for F PAX.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Gold
This guy was just the worst

SFO-ATL this morning. This guy boards and sits in 3D. Average looking fifty-something white dude. He sits down, gets on his phone and starts bellowing, "I got the last upgrade!" Good for you dude, I paid a ridiculous amount of money for my F ticket, but I wish you well. A woman boards with a boarding pass that says 3D. She tries to get Skippy's attention (I'm going to call him Skippy from now on, although I'm not sure why).

She holds up her boarding pass for 3D and Skippy studiously ignores her, continuing to yap into his cellphone about his upgrade. A jovial fellow in 3B points out that 3A is empty, and the nice lady says that's great because Skippy clearly doesn't want her to sit in her seat, so Nice Lady sits in 3A and proceeds to chat with Nice Man in 3B.

All's quiet on the Western front for a few minutes. We're all sipping our PDBs and half-heartedly giving Skippy the stink-eye when another passenger (who I'll call Ursula) appears in the F cabin. Ursula is holding a boarding pass for 3A. An FA appears on the scene and starts giving the Nice Lady in 3A a hard time about being in the wrong seat. Nice Lady explains that Skippy poached her seat.

The FA directs her attention to Skippy, who begrudgingly explains that his boarding pass is for 2D, which is a bulkhead on this plane and he doesn't like bulkheads. The FA totally goes to bat for Ursula, saying, "Well this lady just told me she doesn't like bulkheads either, and you're sitting in her seat!" At this point (and much to my dismay) Ursula decided to be the bigger person and take the crappy bulkhead seat.

Skippy then spent the rest of the flight being thoroughly obnoxious. Demands were made of the FAs and not once did the words, "Please" or "Thank you" cross his lips. The minute we were off the ground he slammed his seat back and left it that way, even during meal service, and even though he was not actually leaning back in his chair. He was hunched forward like Quasimodo for the entire flight, watching something ridiculous on TV. (I mention this only because I might have had more sympathy for him and his obnoxiousness if he were under the gun for some work deadline and typing away furiously on his laptop. But no. It was all sit-coms and demands for more ice water from Skippy, while Ursula sat uncomfortably up front unable to extend her legs.)

After breakfast he engaged in extended, knuckle-deep nose-picking, after which he bit his fingernails obsessively.

I dunno if this is a perfect fit for the DYKWIA thread, but until there's a "Skippy, I hate you" thread, it's the best I can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.