Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Conversation is finished and guy has left. I swung my laptop (gotta love those little white tables) so that he could see the screen as he walked by and I know he saw my screen that had his company webpage.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Originally Posted by Medeski
Conversation is finished and guy has left. I swung my laptop (gotta love those little white tables) so that he could see the screen as he walked by and I know he saw my screen that had his company webpage.
Hah! Cruel! I love it. Even better would have been to also have an E*Trade window open.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:51 pm

I CAN'T WAIT until the FCC allows cell phones to be used during flights. AWESOME! LOL
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
The Ultimate DYKWIA/KM/DM article - "I really fly a lot!"

This was recommended reading at the top of my linked in home page. To give a taste of the article, I am sharing two of the first four sentences:
On my briefcase and all my bags I have the Delta Diamond tags. This is like wearing a beacon that says ‘this guy flies a lot’!

I'm really surprised that linked in posts this sort of junk, and to refer to it as a "case study" is even worse.

Article
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
On my briefcase and all my bags I have the Delta Diamond tags. This is like wearing a beacon that says ‘I'm a doooshbag’!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Sabai
On my briefcase and all my bags I have the Delta Diamond tags. This is like wearing a beacon that says ‘I'm a doooshbag’!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
That so-called article is nowhere near as funny as the Diamond Guest Check-in Video although both might be based on the same person.

All I can say is, "But I am a DIAMOND GUEST."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqm4H3m3Ew
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
It's interesting, from a loyalty marketing perspective, he's actually kind of right. Now, should VS agents have recognized a DL Diamond tag and given him special bennies? No.

But a smart airline would reach out to true HVC's who cuts travel back significantly to figure out what they can do to get that $$ back...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
I have my PM tag on my laptop case. If an FA is rummaging around in the overhead bin maybe she will treat a PM tagged bag a little more gently. I'd that reduced the chance of damage to my expensive laptop by even 5% I'll be happy to trade that for someone thinking I'm a d-bag.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Vuelos
It's interesting, from a loyalty marketing perspective, he's actually kind of right. Now, should VS agents have recognized a DL Diamond tag and given him special bennies? No.

But a smart airline would reach out to true HVC's who cuts travel back significantly to figure out what they can do to get that $$ back...
That's a slippery slope. The fact is that the author of this <ahem> "article" says he is Diamond. That means he flies enough to have some clue as to how frequent flyer systems work, which would translate into: "Oh, I am going to start flying on XX airline... I will call and see if they have a status match program or something similar for me" as opposed to showing up at check-in and thinking that his status on Delta has any significance whatsoever.

Unless the other airline had initiated a "sign up other airlines' elites" program, giving agents the ability to act in such cases, the agent, other than being cordial, couldn't really do anything without violating policy.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, AA EXP 1 MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5Star PC
Thumbs up

^
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL SM
Ohhh thank you for posting this. I was having a bad day and this made it 100 times better.

::EDIT::

The comments are almost better than the "case study." I wonder if I take this "case study" to my university where I am getting my MBA if they will use it. I would generally believe that they would not.

Last edited by notyouravgjt; Dec 13, 2012 at 9:09 pm
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by Bishope2
I CAN'T WAIT until the FCC allows cell phones to be used during flights. AWESOME! LOL
It's the day I stop flying and buy Amtrak stock.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
AFAIK you can use your cell phone on Amtrak unless you're in the Quiet Car.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Big fan of the Quiet Car. Plus you can move around in any case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.