Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Deadheading FA in uniform sitting in FC had her cell phone out and was playing Words with Friends during final approach and landing... with cell modem on sending moves.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
So what was her response when you called her out?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by javabytes
Deadheading FA in uniform sitting in FC had her cell phone out and was playing Words with Friends during final approach and landing... with cell modem on sending moves.
Rules apply to everybody but me attitude at its finest..........
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Got another one. A FA this time, not a passenger. During the pre-departure announcements, claimed that not only the cockpit was a secured area, but the galley as well, and nobody was allowed to enter. Does that count?
If a pilot was using the lav, that might be correct.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Got another one. A FA this time, not a passenger. During the pre-departure announcements, claimed that not only the cockpit was a secured area, but the galley as well, and nobody was allowed to enter. Does that count?
I was on a flight one time, standing in the center of the galley waiting for the lav to open up and the FA coming from the aisle asked me if I needed anything, I said I was waiting for the lav, she asked me to step out...then she proceeded to take out her Kindle.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
OK, I am guilty.

Turns out that the annual teacher conference is going on in Minnesota today. I had tried to get a Park n Fly reservation yesterday for today. They were booked up but told me to get to the lot early today and they likely will have space for me.

I get to entrance today and they said "All Full". Told them what I was told on the phone and the next thing out of my mouth is "I am here just about every week".

Going back to my DYKWIA corner.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Avis First, National EE, Marriott Gold
Mommyblogger who got irritated when she got lost in Detroit on the way to the airport, and after calling Delta to tell them they were going to be late, the response was "Drive Faster." And she checked phone chargers are meds in suitcases - rookie mistake. She was live-tweeting all of this to her 10k+ followers, including @deltaassist. This is one where no, I don't know who you are, and I doubt Delta cares who you are.

http://freeanissa.com/2010/10/suck-with-a-capital-s/
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by taylorc418
Mommyblogger who got irritated when she got lost in Detroit on the way to the airport, and after calling Delta to tell them they were going to be late, the response was "Drive Faster." And she checked phone chargers are meds in suitcases - rookie mistake. She was live-tweeting all of this to her 10k+ followers, including @deltaassist. This is one where no, I don't know who you are, and I doubt Delta cares who you are.

Hey it's her fault for getting lost and therefore being late not DL's. Don't understand why she is acting like DL just ended her life because obviously that's not the case. It really isn't a big of a deal as she is making it.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Here is a message I sent in as a "compliment" to the "comments" page on Delta's website about a recent flight from ICT to ATL:

"The male FA in the first class cabin did an excellent job of
handling a difficult passenger. The passenger got up out of
his seat during the take-off during a thunderstorm to open the
overheat luggage bin. The Delta FA told him nicely to sit down.
Passenger gave the FA some attitude about how he is a million miler and
oh so special. When it was safe again to get up, FA spent some time with
the passenger patiently explaining how this is all for his safety, and
how Delta indeed appreciates him. FA showed great people skills to
maintain safety while still winning the goodwill of the passenger."

Here is Delta's reply by e-mail:

"Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the service provided while
traveling with us on Delta Flight 3814 on ... On behalf
of everyone at Delta Air Lines, and our Delta Connection carrier,
Pinnacle Airlines, I sincerely appreciate the time you took to write in
and recognize our flight attendant.

Delta places a high priority on customer service and we are fortunate to
have employees who strive for excellence in all aspects of their jobs.
Our goal is to surpass our customer's expectations every day. We
appreciate your kind comments regarding the service you witness by one
of our flight attendants. Please know Delta is committed to providing
our most loyal customers with the excellent customer service they
deserve. We believe our team members are our most important assets, and
I am happy to learn our flight attendant exceeded your expectations.
Please know I will be sharing your comments with our In-flight
leadership team so that our flight attendant receives appropriate
recognition, on your behalf."

As a Diamond Medallion member, you are an integral part of our customer
base and we are always interested in your feedback. Thank you for your
loyalty since 1986. We deeply value your business and look forward to
the pleasure of serving you in the months and years ahead."
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Priceless:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...nger-name.html
Old Oct 19, 2012, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by taylorc418

The self-importance is unbelievable. The last thing I would think of doing if I'm running late and rushing to the airport is to call the airline and tell them I'm on my way.

Some of the comments to her post are equally idiotic, like this one:

It’s because of potential nightmare situations like this that I *never* put my meds in checked baggage. I always bring them on the plane with me, along with any electronics I’m taking. I just don’t trust the airlines with my luggage.
Duh! Anyone who travels knows not to put meds or electronics in checked baggage, and it has little to do with 'trusting' the airlines.

Her reference to getting help from "red jackets" would imply that she isn't totally new to flying. Should have had more sense.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by SusanDK
The self-importance is unbelievable. The last thing I would think of doing if I'm running late and rushing to the airport is to call the airline and tell them I'm on my way.

Some of the comments to her post are equally idiotic, like this one:

Duh! Anyone who travels knows not to put meds or electronics in checked baggage, and it has little to do with 'trusting' the airlines.

Her reference to getting help from "red jackets" would imply that she isn't totally new to flying. Should have had more sense.
That woman is a complete idiot and a true kettle. She needs to put down the big mac.

Last edited by enviroian; Oct 19, 2012 at 6:43 am Reason: redacted words due to missing points in OP's story.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:38 am

Besides the fact that it is not classy to make personal comments about a person's weight, I think you need to read the article a little more closely. "Get on a treadmill" -- Did you miss that she is in a wheelchair?!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:43 am

She was not there by T15. What is the issue here?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by mules
Besides the fact that it is not classy to make personal comments about a person's weight, I think you need to read the article a little more closely. "Get on a treadmill" -- Did you miss that she is in a wheelchair?!
I edited my post since I didn't catch the wheelchair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.