Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why the ticket is getting more expensive again?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why the ticket is getting more expensive again?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by reef58
Are you complaining about a $1500 ticket to Europe, or am I misunderstanding? If you think the ticket costs too much don't buy it.
Yes, I have a complaining with Delta and they had no rights to pay the higher fare. Because it's illegal. I want a real cheap fare!!!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: Ham Sandwich Medallion
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, I have a complaining with Delta and they had no rights to pay the higher fare. Because it's illegal. I want a real cheap fare!!!
Let me make sure I'm understanding this:

1. You want a low-priced fare to Zurich.
2. The lowest fare is a little under twice what you want to pay.
3. Because the fare is higher than you want, Delta is breaking the law.

Do I have that right? If you want a "real cheap fare", Delta is not the airline for you. There's nothing illegal about adhering to the laws of supply and demand. If Delta were to raise prices ex-NYC by 500% for the next few days, yeah, that'd be illegal because they're price-gouging. But not offering a fare that you feel like paying?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T.J. Bender
Let me make sure I'm understanding this:

1. You want a low-priced fare to Zurich.
2. The lowest fare is a little under twice what you want to pay.
3. Because the fare is higher than you want, Delta is breaking the law.

Do I have that right? If you want a "real cheap fare", Delta is not the airline for you. There's nothing illegal about adhering to the laws of supply and demand. If Delta were to raise prices ex-NYC by 500% for the next few days, yeah, that'd be illegal because they're price-gouging. But not offering a fare that you feel like paying?
Obviously, DL is breaking the law. Because it's very wrong. They did not have a right thing. I tried to find a real cheap fare. There is no absolutely reason. It is not right choice to increase a higher fare. They should have follow the specific rules and don't try to get a expensive ticket again.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Obviously, DL is breaking the law.
What specific law do you believe that DL is breaking?

When the store that you work in raises prices is it also breaking the law?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dovster
What specific law do you believe that DL is breaking?

When the store that you work in raises prices is it also breaking the law?
No, it is not breaking the law. I choose the salary.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:55 pm

No, it is not breaking the law. I choose the salary.
So, if Delta raises the price of a ticket from $200 to $400 it is breaking some law, but if your store raises the prices so that a cart full of food goes from $200 to $400 it is not breaking the law because you choose the salary?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So, if Delta raises the price of a ticket from $200 to $400 it is breaking some law, but if your store raises the prices so that a cart full of food goes from $200 to $400 it is not breaking the law because you choose the salary?
Yes, DL did break the law. Because it's illegal. I can't blame on Delta's behavior. It's not acceptable. They cannot allow to raises the fare. Are you going needs my help to sued against DL? Can we get file lawsuit against DL?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:19 am

Yes, DL did break the law. Because it's illegal. I can't blame on Delta's behavior. It's not acceptable. They cannot allow to raises the fare. Are you going needs my help to sued against DL? Can we get file lawsuit against DL?
I have no plans to sue DL and I would not suggest to anyone else to do so. It is not illegal to raise prices before a sale is made. The store you work can do it (and probably does regularly), magazine publishers can do it, restaurants can do it, and so can airlines.

You and I have the choice to pay what a particular airline wants, buy a ticket on a different airline, or not fly at all.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I agree with Dovster...it's not illegal for a business to raise prices (they are not a charity) and if you're SO unhappy stop *(%! about it and find another airline with a more desirable price or don't fly.

I have no plans to sue DL and I would not suggest to anyone else to do so. It is not illegal to raise prices before a sale is made. The store you work can do it (and probably does regularly), magazine publishers can do it, restaurants can do it, and so can airlines.

You and I have the choice to pay what a particular airline wants, buy a ticket on a different airline, or not fly at all.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I can tell you that I don't choose my salary.
I can negotiate but I have to do my job cheaper than other people in order for me to be considered.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Scotty vs. DAL case. Stay Tuned.

But Seriously...

Some of us have been around FT for several years and know the OP, his complains, copied/pasted threads and news from external sources , speculations, and so on. He already said that DL is doing something illegal, and no matter how much we try to give explanations, he will not change his mind because he might not understand our point. The more we reply, he will try to argue and stand his grounds.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
We're not pro airline, we are just using logic to determine OP's problems.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA has $319 base fares if you want to go 15 May and return in Aug

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.