Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
TSA in minneapoliis last night said it was delta pushing more people over.

I was one that said they were going to force more people to pay. That obviously is not happening yet. I am wondering if TSA will push back. ORD/MSP/SFO none of them seem happy about the 4x load on precheck and slowing everything down
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Deleted..double..
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:04 pm

Another Pre-Check Long Line Story

Friday, as I left DCA at about 1100 for MSP, I headed for the Pre-Check line. In the past it has been blissful. Literally most of the time it is walk up and you're done.

Last week it was a few minutes as about five people were in line ahead of me, most of whom were obviously infrequent flyers, struggling to understand the rules.

This week it was horrible. I literally gave up and went in the regular security line and was done faster, as I watched the creeping Pre-Check line as 21 people were in line when I abandoned it.

On Saturday I got on the TSA website, got an email address, and shipped an email politely thanking them for Pre-Check and asking if something can be done to get us back to a couple of weeks ago. That evening I got a two-page email that blah-blah-blah'd about Pre-Check but in no way addressing my issue. It appeared to be the result of either a staffer hitting a preformatted reply, or some artificial intelligence program scanning my email.

I intend to call TSA Monday. I doubt I'll get any help, but I'll try. I also ask that those with similar experiences call as well. Maybe if a few more of us call wew can get some attention.

Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:21 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
and adding your post to THIS THREAD, wasn't good enough.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Not worth OP's time. It's intentional on TSA's part.

Simply that the realignment of more lines to pre-check as TSA's new GE-Lite program online hasn't happened.

Once the pain is through, most lines will be pre-check like and the exception will be the old style. But, don't expect it ever to get back to the <5 people in line level. That was simply the program startup.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
TSA in minneapoliis last night said it was delta pushing more people over.
TSA lied like usual. DL does not approve people for Precheck TSA does.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL exDM MM
But why are they blaming it on the airlines? Got PreCheck Lite at ROA today. Only one line. Guy in front of me got 3 beeps, was handed an orange card and told, "Congratulations, you have been selected for expedited screening." His traveling companion asked why. The TSA person said, "He was selected by the airline."

Really? I got 3 beeps. Delta did not select me, I joined GE (and paid $100).

I know that Delta, et al has "invited" elite flyers into PreCheck and when the line is short, who cares? But when the line is long and filled with those who are not Trusted Travelers will TSA fess up to their Random Intrusion Program (yes, the acronym is RIP, as in RIP PreCheck).
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: DM, KM,
Yesterday at SEA, it was the TSA agent who was holding things up. He told the two pax in front of me to take off shoes and take out computers. These weren't steel toed boots, but just regular shoes--sneakers and ballerina flats. So off came everything, sweaters, scarves, jewelry, liquids etc. I very politely declined to remove my shoes and the computer from my carry on. Isn't that the point of Pre-check? He said, well I guess I'll see you back here when the beeper beeps. I did not.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
I am very happy with MCI pre-check as well. The airport and Delta has done a great job. Just wish the sky club was back!

I always laugh at people saying GE is "free" with amex plat. Not free, you are paying for it.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:30 am

Requesting PreCheck

My home airport (CAK) has started PreCheck, I got an email from them saying to contact your airline to become part of the program. Calling DL I have been
1. Told they do not know about it
2. Hung up on
3. Put on hold till I hung up

Is there a way to get an invite from DL? I am a Gold medallion.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by rgfloor
My home airport (CAK) has started PreCheck, I got an email from them saying to contact your airline to become part of the program. Calling DL I have been
2. Hung up on

In your profile on dl.com, be sure you've "opted in."

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...pre-check.html
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by rgfloor
2. Hung up on

Is pre check even exclusive anymore? seems everyone gets it now...
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: DL exDM MM
Best strategy is to signup for Global Entry. http://www.globalentry.gov/ Airline invitees are subject to random inclusion. GE members seem to get PC every time.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
There will likely be postings on your thread telling you to pay for GE or another service to get PC. TSA is communicating to you that you will be eligible if you opt in with your airline. For some reason, those that paid are like zombies, on a mission to get you to become one of them.

Clearly, with the recent expansion and your email, TSA is not about to cut PC for those who haven't paid for a service. Ignore those responses for now. You don't have to spend any money or find time for an interview.

As someone who has not paid for any service, I've been at 100% for the past year on getting PC, except for when there was a two week issue about how my name was entered. (This appears to be more of an issue for those who paid for GE!) So have many, many other FTers. Save your money, unless you need GE for international travel or fly other airlines more than a couple times a year.

Added: Between when I started to type the response and when it posted, you already got the first zombie post! ("One of us! One of us!) You can always pay later if you find you are not being selected, but the way the program has been expanded, and the experience many of us have, you won't have to pay. (130 flights this year. Other than the five during that two week period, I'm at 100%. That means getting PC 125 times this year without paying.)

Last edited by CJKatl; Oct 28, 2013 at 8:58 am
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Use the Contact Us section on Delta.com to send in your request and the information.

www.delta.com/contactus/pages/comment_complaint/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.