Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Singapore Airlines Gold and a bunch of others
TSA Pre-Check Program coming to Salt Lake City

looking at the SLC Airport website and saw the following:

This will be great for those Monday Morning flights!

http://www.slcairport.com

TSA Pre-Check Program

The Transportation Security Administration's new expedited passenger screening program will be tested in Salt Lake City in mid-February. For more information visit: http://www.delta.com or http://www.tsa.gov.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL PM

Frequent DTW flyer.
Have Nexus and Global Entry.
Have entered my Global Entry # in DL Traveler info.
Received e-mail from Delta and opted in.

Do I need a further authorization to use TSA pre check line at DTW.
Is there a random authorization to use the lane indicated on my BP somewhere.
I have flown out of DTW at least 12 times since inception of program and have never been offered use of Pre Check line.

Can I just enter Pre Check line and take my chances.
Appeciate hearing what others experience has been at DTW.

DTW_newbie

Folks,
Please use this master thread for all of you comments and issues pertaining to Delta and the TSA Pre-Check as there is no reason to have multiple threads on the very same subject.
Thanks, RSSrsvp - Moderator

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Nov 16, 2013 at 8:16 am Reason: Combined several existing Delta - TSA Pre-Check threads
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:20 pm

Your boarding pass will be scanned at the checkpoint. If you qualify for Pre Check, you will be directed to the appropriate line. Selection for this new screening is supposedly random, so you are not automatically granted entrance every time just because of your credentials.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DTW newbie
Frequent DTW flyer.
Have Nexus and Global Entry.
Have entered my Global Entry # in DL Traveler info.
Received e-mail from Delta and opted in.
So you opted-in twice: once as a TT member, and again as a Delta PM? Usually people opt-in using only one method. This probably won't matter, but it is unusual.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:22 am

I hold both credentials as well and am 99% on going through pre-check through DTW. It is supposedly based on their scan of your BP. The one time was a flight to AMS. YMMV.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I have GE, Nexus & GM & am 50/50 at DTW.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Also, keep in mind the only checkpoint with a pre-check lane is the SkyPriority checkpoint on the north end of the upper level. None of the other checkpoints offer the option even if you are selected for it.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by timf
Also, keep in mind the only checkpoint with a pre-check lane is the SkyPriority checkpoint on the north end of the upper level. None of the other checkpoints offer the option even if you are selected for it.
I'm not even sure you need to opt-in. I'm PM but haven't joined any of the NEXUS, GLOBAL plans but was selected in ATL on my last trip. Kinda surprised. The only membership I've had in the past was CLEAR (which hasn't come back to ATL yet).
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gator21
I'm not even sure you need to opt-in. I'm PM but haven't joined any of the NEXUS, GLOBAL plans but was selected in ATL on my last trip. Kinda surprised. The only membership I've had in the past was CLEAR (which hasn't come back to ATL yet).
I am in the same boat. Only Clear but have been sent to the "no take off shoes, take baggie out of suitcase, or take coat & belt off" lane both times I have actually had to clear TSA in ATL since they started this program.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I didn't say anything about opting in. My experience is the same as yours, minus CLEAR.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You "opt-in" by entering your Secure Flight Passenger Data in your profile and checking the box to consent to Delta storing it and sharing it with the TSA. If you received the email about the PreCheck program, you have been preselected based on your Delta status and do not need to fill in a Known Traveler Number. Just your name, gender, and birthdate.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Is PM/DM a requirement. I'm GM and have entered by GE number on my profile.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
Boy, however it happens, it is great when it does!!!

I went through last time for the first time and loved it!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
I hold both credentials as well and am 99% on going through pre-check through DTW. It is supposedly based on their scan of your BP. The one time was a flight to AMS. YMMV.
Only Domestic itineraries are eligible for this program.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 5khours
Is PM/DM a requirement. I'm GM and have entered by GE number on my profile.
Did you get any of the emails about the program? Initially, it seemed like only PM's and DM's got the invitations, but more recently, there are Golds who have reported getting the emails. Also, if you have GE or Nexus, I don't believe you need to be pre-selected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.