Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012-2013 Diamond Credentials?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AMEX Centurion (And All That Goes With It)
There must be some formula of when you qualified/re qualified as a Diamond and how many MQMs you had in terms of how long Sky Club access is being granted. The other Diamond in my household has 2k more MQMs than me, and has SkyClub Access until August 28th, 2014.

Well, one thing is for certain: SkyClubs are about to become a whole lot more crowded. If I barely fly Delta now, I have 2 years and 8 months of SkyClub access regardless. I appreciate it, but at the same time, this is going to be ugly.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by andrewpartyman
... SkyClubs are about to become a whole lot more crowded. ..., this is going to be ugly.
I understand the overcrowding and access being given to card holders etc, but this is the heavy season and I think that after March 1, the population of DMs will be shrinking from last year. It's just a hunch, but it seemed that there was a lot of discussion of FT members talking about holding back on MQMs so not to make DM and maximizing the rollover for 2013. Again, just a hunch and would welcome any inside info.

As for DM creds, not received yet, but the postal service in my area is notoriously slow.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
New DM packet showed up today...not too bad for coming to an overseas APO address.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by rwoman
New DM packet showed up today...not too bad for coming to an overseas APO address.
Sorry to go a bit OT, but Robin would you guess that a gifted GM kit processed by DL on 1/13/12 could reach northern Greece by February 24?

In terms of DMs getting SC cards, I noticed mine is good through September 2013.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xeno
Sorry to go a bit OT, but Robin would you guess that a gifted GM kit processed by DL on 1/13/12 could reach northern Greece by February 24?

In terms of DMs getting SC cards, I noticed mine is good through September 2013.
If it's an APO (US military) address, it's possible. Even if I were relying on the UK's Royal Mail, it might be possible, as they're pretty quick so long as weather does not impede things.

However, with strikes and such in Greece, I'm not sure how smoothly their postal system is working these days.

I have not received a new SC card - mine expires Feb. 29, 2012...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by andrewpartyman
Thought my Diamond credentials arrived today, instead a second sky club card expiring August 3, 2014. This, after receiving a SkyClub card a couple weeks ago that expired on February 28, 2013.
Originally Posted by Miniflyer
Me too, but my SkyClub card had an expiration of April 2014. What dictates expiration date? I made DM Dec 23, 2011.
Got my SC card (exp: June 2014!) but still no DM credentials, which is a bit disappointing for a newly minted DM who qualified in December. Still sporting the PM bag tags, so I get the looks of envy from the other PMs as I board with the FC upgradees. (I never realized how envious the PMs are until I boarded a recent flight with 63 on the upgrade list and listened to the PMs coming up the counter to check their upgrade chances.)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by jsgoldbe
Still sporting the PM bag tags, so I get the looks of envy from the other PMs as I board with the FC upgradees.
One of my bags has an old FO tag. The looks I get when upgraded really aren't ones of envy, they are more looks of disdain, disgust, and disbelief.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR (Gold for Life), AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinun
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
One of my bags has an old FO tag. The looks I get when upgraded really aren't ones of envy, they are more looks of disdain, disgust, and disbelief.
This is one of my favorite FT quotes of all time
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
OK, finally got them yesterday.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:04 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Not that it really matters - but I've noticed that the MM logo on the tag keeps getting smaller and in less conspicuous locations over the past few years.
Are they telling us something?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Got mine

Arrived on Monday.

One new DM card (expiration Feb 2014!) Two new luggage tags (metal), four free drinks, and four X 1000 Deltareward points certs to hand out.

OK - so only four drink coupons and the HOOUs becoming a thing of the past and upgrades harder to come by?

Deltarewards in 1000 point denomination? I remember in the Charter year they were 2500, last year, 1500, now 1000. Why bother?

Are we priming the pump for a real KM class, Delta?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bicostal
Arrived on Monday.

One new DM card (expiration Feb 2014!) Two new luggage tags (metal), four free drinks, and four X 1000 Deltareward points certs to hand out.

OK - so only four drink coupons and the HOOUs becoming a thing of the past and upgrades harder to come by?

Deltarewards in 1000 point denomination? I remember in the Charter year they were 2500, last year, 1500, now 1000. Why bother?

Are we priming the pump for a real KM class, Delta?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ing-value.html
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:29 pm

Made Diamond end of year 2012

I just hope I get better upgrades than Platinum in the busy markets, but I guess it will be awhile before I see my credentials....thanks for the posts!!!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lati49
I just hope I get better upgrades than Platinum in the busy markets, but I guess it will be awhile before I see my credentials....thanks for the posts!!!
Congrats on your new status and welcome to FT!

No doubt there will be more than a few threads asking when the 2013 packages will arrive. In the past, DL has been sending them out usually beginning mid-Feb.

Mrs Sez_Who already received her UA 1K package for 2013 but note that at UA, their 2013 year begins on February 1, not March 1 like most others including DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.