Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade with miles availability?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:17 am
Original Poster

I want to purchase a ticket at a K fare and upgrade it and use miles for a first class award ticket for the same flight. If a flight has 2 award seats available, will I definitely be able to do this or is there a better way to search for availability? I'm taking my spouse on a business trip with me and I have to get the tickets separately since mine is purchased through my company's travel agency. This is a trip within the US.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:37 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Upgrading with miles is a separate bucket than awards. To do what you plan to do both would need to be available.

Awards are easy to find on the web site, but they may be at high levels on busy routes or times. You will need to call to ask about miles upgrade availability or check using a service like Expert Flyer.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Upgrading with miles is a separate bucket than awards. To do what you plan to do both would need to be available.

Awards are easy to find on the web site, but they may be at high levels on busy routes or times. You will need to call to ask about miles upgrade availability or check using a service like Expert Flyer.
Thanks! I'll check out Expert Flyer.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by katieq1
I want to purchase a ticket at a K fare and upgrade it and use miles for a first class award ticket for the same flight. If a flight has 2 award seats available, will I definitely be able to do this or is there a better way to search for availability? I'm taking my spouse on a business trip with me and I have to get the tickets separately since mine is purchased through my company's travel agency. This is a trip within the US.
You only need one award seat because this is a different bucket than upgrading with miles. Best to call DL and first find out if F award is available for your flt. Note it may be only high award. It is also possible your UG will not clear. Even if it does, you may not have seats together.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Originally Posted by katieq1
You only need one award seat because this is a different bucket than upgrading with miles. Best to call DL and first find out if F award is available for your flt. Note it may be only high award. It is also possible your UG will not clear. Even if it does, you may not have seats together.
But she wants to UG with miles so if she finds availability she can do it immediately a d they can choose seats together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.