Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New OLCI BP format

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
That large white space everybody is noticing is where the future AMEX DL card ads will go.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by merc1234
That large white space everybody is noticing is where the future AMEX DL card ads will go.
Or perhaps it was required by the TSA for the agents who like to doodle all over the BP when you go through security...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
The DL blog makes it clear that the white space will disappear for connecting itineraries in the near future, as they will issue a single BP that covers up to four segments.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by deltalirious
I believe there are plans to fill the blank space with a "special" message from Richard Anderson.
No...

This. I think the "special message" will come from AMEX, not Ricreditcard Amexderson.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Wouldn't be surprised if they even squeeze and application in the white space.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Much as I don't like it overall, I do like that the BP now shows the arrival time.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by mtkeller
The DL blog makes it clear that the white space will disappear for connecting itineraries in the near future, as they will issue a single BP that covers up to four segments.
And this is great to hear. ^ Finally! Evolution... as in going back to what NWA had ages ago.

If it takes DL so many years to "catch up" back to where NWA (whom it owns) was back in 2008 (and I think even 2005, 2006), I think there is not much hope of any forward motion or progress, however..

Also noteworthy: the ticket/receipt e-mail is now also finally updated for the 2000s and has gotten rid of the 1990s PREformatted plain text format at long last. Still however, the full ticket receipt can be only e-mailed, not seen online. That's a big still. And what online shows (booking agent id, segment status - this is great, however, and lets one see any potential issues in advance) the e-mail receipt does not show, and vice versa (e.g. online does not show flight arrival/departure times).
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2 Million Miler)
Not sure why this is such a big deal considering how far along mobile BPs are. I haven't printed an AA boarding pass in months now.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
Originally Posted by N639DL
I do not like the huge white space. On the old one there was no free space and it is better that way. Make use of everything you have. Somebody commented about it and somebody from DL responded that they appreciated the feedback. Someone else suggested putting Sky Priority there to make it more evident - which DL took as a great suggestion.

I too do not like the white space but otherwise I like the new BPs.
Often in graphic design, the lack of white space is a problem. White space helps focus the eye, far more so than large or bold type. The old BP suffered from similarly sized, evenly spaced text. The new design might not be the best possible, but it's a big improvement IMHO. The sideways text and code mean nothing to most pax and thus don't need to be competing for attention with flight times, seat, and gate, but agents will know right where to look when they need those codes. Not sure the airport codes are the most important thing to note, but I agree that change could prevent some accidental boarding. Personally I'm glad to see Delta's corporate typeface applied to the BPs. Mmm, branding...
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Good morning from the SkyTeam lounge at LHR!

One thing to note in this change... I am flying Y and using my ST+ benefits to access the lounge. Since part of my SM number is now x'ed out, they wanted my SM card in order to put my info in their system for access.

I carry my DM card, but having it listed without the full # may create some problems.

robin
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Originally Posted by rwoman
Good morning from the SkyTeam lounge at LHR!

One thing to note in this change... I am flying Y and using my ST+ benefits to access the lounge. Since part of my SM number is now x'ed out, they wanted my SM card in order to put my info in their system for access.

I carry my DM card, but having it listed without the full # may create some problems.

robin
You'd think the SkyTeam lounge would be able to scan the barcode on a SkyTeam ticket to pull the info from the magic cloud. I'm sure DL IT is on it.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by iamhereandthere
You'd think the SkyTeam lounge would be able to scan the barcode on a SkyTeam ticket to pull the info from the magic cloud. I'm sure DL IT is on it.
The LHR lounge has usually scanned the BP and then needed to enter the SkyMiles number (or some info off the BP) manually. No clue why.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mtkeller
The LHR lounge has usually scanned the BP and then needed to enter the SkyMiles number (or some info off the BP) manually. No clue why.
I think it's to charge the appropriate carrier for use. BA records my AA info each time I use one if their lounges.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
I think it's to charge the appropriate carrier for use. BA records my AA info each time I use one if their lounges.
Sounds right, but in an ideal world, the BP scan would pick up that information.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:21 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
TSA checkin yesterday afternoon was delayed because screener hadn't seen the new format before and couldn't find the date (now in upper left corner).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.