FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   New OLCI BP format (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1309140-new-olci-bp-format.html)

bwc175 Jan 31, 2012 10:33 pm

New OLCI BP format

Didn't see or find by search any other posts about this, so this change may be new tonight. Just checked in for my flight tomorrow and the format of the boarding pass printed out from online check-in is totally re-designed from the old style that has been in use for the last few years, including as recently as my flight this past Sunday.

I don't have anything to scan and post an image here, but there are no longer two "halves" to it (name, seat number, flight number, etc only appear once). Lots of white space, one small barcode on the right side, to and from airport codes in large size "Delta" font. Arrival time is given in addition to departure and "boarding" times. Nice security/privacy feature that most of the digits of the SkyMiles number are now X'd out. Fare code is not printed. PNR code and ticket number are in small type turned 90 degrees by the barcode.

javabytes Jan 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Interesting. Anyone upload a pic?

mtkeller Feb 1, 2012 1:20 am

Does it finally cover all connections with one BP, or at least put them all on one page like a certain no longer existent carrier?

DLdweeb Feb 1, 2012 3:40 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 17927503)
Does it finally cover all connections with one BP, or at least put them all on one page like a certain no longer existent carrier?

Nope, still multiple boarding passes. Can't upload right now, but the origin-destination is in large font, there is only one barcode, your SkyMiles number is XXXXXXXX format, and it does give the departing time, arriving time, and layover. It's a nice, clean look.

Edited....I discovered an issue with the name that may be a problem. If you are a Jr., etc, that doesn't print out anymore. It did on the old BPs. So the BP may not match exactly the ID.

I wonder if the kiosk BPs have changed.

TTT Feb 1, 2012 4:26 am

The kiosk spit out the new format this morning too. It is a cleaner look.

Here is a really lousy cell phone shot. Edit: Since my cellphone shot was not clear at all, I replaced it with the image from the Delta blog post about the new BPs.

http://blog.delta.com/wp-content/upl...-pass-JPG1.jpg

Name is in the upper left, seat is in the lower-center and PNR and ticket # are lower right, printed sideways, next to the barcode.

The connection BP has the layover time above the flight departure and arrival information in the lower right.

nfg05 Feb 1, 2012 4:57 am

Better but damn that's a lot of white space. Blow up some of those tiny fonts and it would still be clean. Arrival time is a welcome addition.

mtkeller Feb 1, 2012 5:07 am

Originally Posted by nfg05 (Post 17928040)
Better but damn that's a lot of white space. Blow up some of those tiny fonts and it would still be clean. Arrival time is a welcome addition.

The SKYPRIORITY is in particularly small font relative to the importance of it getting you through security quickly. Interesting to note that the fare class is not showing Y, so the speculation of going to just F/J/Y instead of reflecting the actual booking class hasn't come true for kiosk BPs yet.

timf Feb 1, 2012 6:11 am

With all that white space you would think they could print two legs on a single boarding pass. Maybe that's still in the works.

emrdoc Feb 1, 2012 6:22 am

Originally Posted by timf (Post 17928317)
With all that white space you would think they could print two legs on a single boarding pass. Maybe that's still in the works.

While I agree it would be nice to have two legs on one pass, I think the white space makes it look sharp.

DLdweeb Feb 1, 2012 6:40 am

Originally Posted by emrdoc (Post 17928367)
While I agree it would be nice to have two legs on one pass, I think the white space makes it look sharp.

That white space will probably soon be filled with ads...Honey Baked Hams may sign up....

Winkdaddy Feb 1, 2012 6:47 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 17928081)
The SKYPRIORITY is in particularly small font relative to the importance of it getting you through security quickly. Interesting to note that the fare class is not showing Y, so the speculation of going to just F/J/Y instead of reflecting the actual booking class hasn't come true for kiosk BPs yet.

The skypriority font size cannot be smaller then the "eliteplus" font on my gold medallion skymiles card :o

Dovster Feb 1, 2012 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy (Post 17928479)
The skypriority font size cannot be smaller then the "eliteplus" font on my gold medallion skymiles card :o

A protozoa cannot be smaller than that.

mtkeller Feb 1, 2012 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy (Post 17928479)

I meant to make that joke and forgot, so I'm glad you did!

If it makes you feel any better, the Elite Plus on my PM card isn't any bigger than it was on my GM card. This is one area where the other alliances really do a much better job, as I think some sort of gem/metal makes it easier to put a logo on that lounge dragons can universally recognize without needing a scanning electron microscope.

bwc175 Feb 1, 2012 7:26 am

It appears this is part of a change to enable paid "premium" coach seats. My colleagues (no status) checked in at a kiosk just now and it was going to charge them for exit row and the blue "premium" seats on the seat map, which is new to my knowledge. The machine wanted $29 for an exit row seat. Their boarding passes also printed out from the kiosk in the new format.

baccarat0809 Feb 1, 2012 7:27 am

Originally Posted by TTT (Post 17927952)
The kiosk spit out the new format this morning too. It is a cleaner look.

Here is a really lousy cell phone shot.

http://tgb.smugmug.com/Other/Email/i...IMAG0172-S.jpg

Name is in the upper left, seat is in the lower-center and PNR and ticket # are lower right, printed sideways, next to the barcode.

The connection BP has the layover time above the flight departure and arrival information in the lower right.

Ohhh, you sLUT ticket user you. You, you, the nerve, you, you ham sandwich.:D:D:D

j/k TTT. I've had the wonderful opportunity of flying on sLUT tickets multiple times this year already as I actually setup appointments with clients more than 30 days in advance, which is something that didn't happen once in 2011. I bought more H and M then I would ever care to do.

I love the fact the borading passes give out an estimated arrival time. I generally have no clue what that time is, and as I talk to the wife a few minutes before every flight takes off, one of the questions I always get is "what time do you land" as I call her upon landing. Won't have to screw around trying to remember or find it anymore.

^^ on this part of the change.