Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta AMEX (and possible AMEX card upgrad) questions.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta AMEX (and possible AMEX card upgrad) questions.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I had called also, and got same answer as previously noted in this thread. I thought to confirm by message center. So I sent the same query to AmEx there. Response:

The Companion Certificate is a feature on your Card and has not been taken away. It is issued every year after the first year and mailed within 4-6 weeks from the account establishment (opening) date. We are updating the information online and it would be available soon. The following information might added now regarding the Companion Certificate:

When you redeem your companion certificate, you will incur taxes and fees ranging from $10.80-$27.60, depending upon the itinerary. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply.

I hope you find this information helpful. In case you need any further assistance, please feel free to reply to my email.

I would be glad to be of assistance to you once again. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Prashant Saini
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services
Being accidentally deleted on a chart or a single ad would be understandable enough, but it seems broader than that.

*shrug*

You know what, I'd actually be OK with cutting the benefit a bit if it were SIMPLER to work with. Perhaps changing from a fixed A/I or L/U/T fare-class cert to companion is 75% off of whatever fares you book. Finding the matching fare class on all legs now for 2 seats is royal PITA.

Last edited by ElPresidente; Jan 27, 2012 at 10:34 pm
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta GM, HH Gold
Companion cert is still listed on Delta website marketing.

"Receive a domestic economy class companion certificate for discounted travel each year upon renewal"

I think they have gotten a number of complaints that it was not clear when the companion cert was awarded. So either they are changing the marketing to make it more clear that the companion cert is not available until renewal fee is paid, or they are actually phasing it out as removal from AMEX website marketing suggests.

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/cred...re.php?cc=Gold
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Card Downgrade

I've had the Delta Gold Amex for a couple years. I never took advantage of the companion certs. The only benefit I ever used was the $25 discount to the Skymiles lounge so I called Amex to discuss alternatives to cancelling. They would not give me any additional miles or offsetting bonus for the $95. But they did move me into a no fee card called the Delta Options Card that does not appear on their website. No fee, same credit line, no benefits other than 1 mile/$2 spend and no credit report hit for cancelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.