Wiki Posts
Search

Waiting for LGA MQM specials

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
Waiting for LGA MQM specials

I am holding off on accumulating MQMs with Delta until the LGA inauguration, figuring they will promote those new flights heavily, including (hopefully) double MQMs. Is this a naive strategy?

Do airlines normally promote new routes with elite mileage incentives?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by edrags
I am holding off on accumulating MQMs with Delta until the LGA inauguration, figuring they will promote those new flights heavily, including (hopefully) double MQMs. Is this a naive strategy?

VERY NAIVE. I highly doubt Delta will entice flyers to use these new routes via double MQM's. Delta usually only offers double MQM's on cities which they are trying to drum up business (where they arent strong). LGA is a strong point of theirs with little competition- they dont need to throw double mqm's to get you to fly.

I think it's more likely we'll see double MQM's thrown on routes where they suffer from more competition (with AirTran/SW merger - I have a feeling some ex-ATL routes or even MCO routes to fight off the goliath AirTran/SW merger in the two ex-AirTran hubs and get business travellers once accustomed to AirTran to head over their way).
Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Bonus redeemable miles? That's pretty likely, if selectively, on flights with low advanced bookings, IMHO. Bonus MQM to a big fraction of the new cities from LGA? I doubt it.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I have been waitings YEARS for that triple MQM promo for LGA-ATL, but it never ever happens
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC

Yes, very naive strategy. IIRC, DL did have a 3X promo back in 2010 promoting their shuttle service running between LGA-ORD-BOS-DCA. Wouldn't expect anything like this only for LGA but there may be some type of targeted promo. Who knows, maybe you will get lucky.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Why give bonus MQM when you have a 50% market share?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I have been waitings YEARS for that triple MQM promo for LGA-ATL, but it never ever happens
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I agree with everyone else. You'll see DMQMs out of LGA at about the same time you'll see them out of DTW, MSP and ATL.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:48 am
Suspended

No Way

This will NOT be happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.