Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

45K DL miles for $3K spend in 3 months 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver

I know this had been available in 2010 (link) but its back again this year: http://www.deltaamexlimitedtimeoffer.com/Default.aspx

I had the personal Delta Platinum card this year. Can I apply and get full DL miles for the biz version?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:05 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Originally Posted by DeltaSilverBoy:17616552
I know this had been available in 2010 (link) but its back again this year: http://www.deltaamexlimitedtimeoffer.com/Default.aspx

I had the personal Delta Platinum card this year. Can I apply and get full DL miles for the biz version?
Absolutely, u get full promotional sign-up miles for business and personal, even if you have one already, u still get for the other
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
FYI, The Points Guy blog says there is a 55k pt deal out there as well (25k first purch, 30k $10 in 6 mos), but I think the 45k for $3k spend is the better deal if you want to get this card for the bonus.
1.43 DL/$ on incremental $7k on this card (10k pts/$7k) at 1cpm for DL is 1.43% vs my values of many other cards being well above that eff rebate.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by greek2me
FYI, The Points Guy blog says there is a 55k pt deal out there as well (25k first purch, 30k $10 in 6 mos), but I think the 45k for $3k spend is the better deal if you want to get this card for the bonus.
1.43 DL/$ on incremental $7k on this card (10k pts/$7k) at 1cpm for DL is 1.43% vs my values of many other cards being well above that eff rebate.
Yep do them both (45k personal and 55k biz ) after spend and net out 113,000 skymiles with $13,000 spend. A TON of spend but also a lot of miles!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/deltap...ding-required/
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by mendel k
Absolutely, u get full promotional sign-up miles for business and personal, even if you have one already, u still get for the other
Anybody have first hand experiencing with getting approval and confirmation of the bonus (via CSR or something else) DESPITE having had a Delta Amex bonus previously?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Can you do this is you already have the DL reserve card?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver
Originally Posted by d.s. knight
Anybody have first hand experiencing with getting approval and confirmation of the bonus (via CSR or something else) DESPITE having had a Delta Amex bonus previously?
That's what I'm thinking. Anybody out there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.