Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

45K DL miles for $3K spend in 3 months 2011

45K DL miles for $3K spend in 3 months 2011

Old Dec 13, 11, 2:34 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle
Programs: Delta Silver
Posts: 147
45K DL miles for $3K spend in 3 months 2011

I know this had been available in 2010 (link) but its back again this year: http://www.deltaamexlimitedtimeoffer.com/Default.aspx

I had the personal Delta Platinum card this year. Can I apply and get full DL miles for the biz version?
DeltaSilverBoy is offline  
Old Dec 13, 11, 3:05 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York City
Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Posts: 773
Originally Posted by DeltaSilverBoy:17616552
I know this had been available in 2010 (link) but its back again this year: http://www.deltaamexlimitedtimeoffer.com/Default.aspx

I had the personal Delta Platinum card this year. Can I apply and get full DL miles for the biz version?
Absolutely, u get full promotional sign-up miles for business and personal, even if you have one already, u still get for the other
mendel k is offline  
Old Dec 13, 11, 7:13 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Posts: 380
FYI, The Points Guy blog says there is a 55k pt deal out there as well (25k first purch, 30k $10 in 6 mos), but I think the 45k for $3k spend is the better deal if you want to get this card for the bonus.
1.43 DL/$ on incremental $7k on this card (10k pts/$7k) at 1cpm for DL is 1.43% vs my values of many other cards being well above that eff rebate.
greek2me is offline  
Old Dec 13, 11, 8:58 am
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by greek2me View Post
FYI, The Points Guy blog says there is a 55k pt deal out there as well (25k first purch, 30k $10 in 6 mos), but I think the 45k for $3k spend is the better deal if you want to get this card for the bonus.
1.43 DL/$ on incremental $7k on this card (10k pts/$7k) at 1cpm for DL is 1.43% vs my values of many other cards being well above that eff rebate.
Yep do them both (45k personal and 55k biz ) after spend and net out 113,000 skymiles with $13,000 spend. A TON of spend but also a lot of miles!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/deltap...ding-required/
Renes Points is offline  
Old Dec 13, 11, 12:53 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by mendel k View Post
Absolutely, u get full promotional sign-up miles for business and personal, even if you have one already, u still get for the other
Anybody have first hand experiencing with getting approval and confirmation of the bonus (via CSR or something else) DESPITE having had a Delta Amex bonus previously?
d.s. knight is offline  
Old Dec 13, 11, 1:52 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MSP
Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Posts: 1,353
Can you do this is you already have the DL reserve card?
MNAudiS4 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 11, 12:42 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle
Programs: Delta Silver
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by d.s. knight View Post
Anybody have first hand experiencing with getting approval and confirmation of the bonus (via CSR or something else) DESPITE having had a Delta Amex bonus previously?
That's what I'm thinking. Anybody out there?
DeltaSilverBoy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: