Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Premium Economy Dining on JFK-SFO/LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Premium Economy Dining on JFK-SFO/LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by cbastian
The fine print says that, if you're upgraded more than 48 hours out, you can cancel the food order. Otherwise, they'll bring it to your upgraded seat.

Which doesn't make any sense, because nobody gets upgraded 48 hrs out on such routes! okay Delta, sure....
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I got an email today with the service being offered on my LAX/JFK return. The two choices did not look particularly appealing to me. I will probably just stay with the BOB sandwiches and BOB snack items.

The one advantage though is that you are served before the carts come into the aisle.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
The one advantage though is that you are served before the carts come into the aisle.
That's an advantage? I thought that was when everyone tried to get to the lav before they were trapped in their seats for the ensuing 90 minutes...
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:33 am

free meal in exchange for survey participation

this is a new program. a trial. if well received, DL will expand the meals and routes.

btw, I know the guys running this program - if you want to try it for free just let me know. In return, you need to give them feedback via survey - which they'll use to improve the program.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:12 am
mpp

Originally Posted by foodie28
this is a new program. a trial. if well received, DL will expand the meals and routes.

btw, I know the guys running this program - if you want to try it for free just let me know. In return, you need to give them feedback via survey - which they'll use to improve the program.
Your inbox is soon to get flooded. You said the magic word on flyertalk..."Free"
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by mpp
Your inbox is soon to get flooded. You said the magic word on flyertalk..."Free"
lol. survey data is gold for a innovative service like this.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Survey data from a narrow population with participants bought off with free food aren't worth much.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Survey data from a narrow population with participants bought off with free food aren't worth much.
your point is valid when measuring value for the money, but I think wanted is experiential and food/service quality feedback....don't think "free" overly biases these results.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Agghh! I just looked at the pictures. These meals are full of green and red garbage!

Whatever happened to bacon cheeseburgers and french fries, followed by chocolate cake?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Good Idea

This is a great idea and as it evolves will sell quite well. Prices are low-ish, service is guaranteed (no worrying that they run out and you didn't have time to buy something first) and life is simplified. If you are UG, you still get the meal. Same thing if you buy something before the flight and get UG at the gate, not like you can take your sandwich back to the vendor.

If there's a chance to change your flight for whatever reason or SDC (if you are on a change-fee bucket), you simply need to make the decision as to whether it's worth forgoing the meal.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Dovster
Agghh! I just looked at the pictures. These meals are full of green and red garbage!

Whatever happened to bacon cheeseburgers and french fries, followed by chocolate cake?
lol. but that one with steak looks pretty good. I tried United's prebuy on SFO-FRA - got a food coma (honestly) - slept well.

if interested in participating in that DineUp survey, just go below link (submit feedback) and let them know you like to book a meal in exchange for completing survey post-flight. their customer service team will get your flight info then book the order.

http://delta.dineup.com/contactFeedback.action?menu=6
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I was checking out food options for an upcoming flight LAX-MIA when I saw this thread. What stands out to me is that there are no vegetarian options---not on the EATS menu nor on this (aside from fruit and cheese which is not a meal). Given that all of the planes, in theory, still have the ability to serve hot food (or most, except maybe the MD's they took the galleys out of), I'd like to see Delta roll out a much more ambitious buy on board program. I don't need it for free, and I would be glad to pay for a quality meal on board. Its easily $12 or more to get a healthy meal at the airport, and I would for sure spend $15-$20 if I knew I could get a real meal on board, particularly for long flights.

For example, when I fly to MIA, I have only 50 mins in ATL, and I may not have time to buy food. I leave at 7:45 AM and arrive at 6 PM. I can either bring food on board (something that won't spoil after a few hours) or live off what may or may not be available on the EATS menu for the day (unless I get upgraded which I won't as a GM on this route).
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Man, you guys are picky. I think it is a good effort and a nice start. It is an option nobody else has on domestic flights and if my flight comes up, I'll give it a shot.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by eternalX
Man, you guys are picky. I think it is a good effort and a nice start. It is an option nobody else has on domestic flights and if my flight comes up, I'll give it a shot.
I actually don't think its about being picky. This would be fair if we were discussing a complimentary program or other such perk. I think this is a discussion about what kind of purchased meal program would get customer buy in. I don't see this program as a component of loyalty programs, but rather an optional product/revenue stream for Delta. Delta will want to sell its product, and people are are discussing the conditions under which they might buy it. This will only work for Delta if the product is something people are willing to pay for.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:23 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Has anyone actually tried these meals? I haven't seen any trip reports or reviews of them and wondering if it's worth trying on an upcoming flight. I'll probably just stick with the cuban sandwich otherwise b/c at J1, it ain't likely I'll be seeing the front cabin next week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.