Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How are the A330 AVOD upgrades going?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
How are the A330 AVOD upgrades going?

Read on Delta Blog that the A330 is receving an "upgraded entertainment system" (new screens as well as a new OS?) by late 2011. Anybody know if any planes have already been refurbished? Any other info?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I was on an A332 last month and it was still the old IFE. It'll be nice to see the upgrades though!
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
I was told that no 330s will be modified in 2011. I am not sure if that means they are running behind what they announced or if their plans changed.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Why would DL start on the A330s when they havent completed the 744s?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The A330s had good AVOD from the beginning. What needs to be changed? Also, why do some modifications now and more modifications later, when they get flat bed seats? DL should focus on the horrid 767-300s first, which desperately need to be updated.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:32 am

Amen. The 767 is the worst plane in the fleet. Almost worse than a Barbie jet.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Bigpops
Amen. The 767 is the worst plane in the fleet. Almost worse than a Barbie jet.
You need to get your head checked...more than once...

Originally Posted by MSPEconomist
The A330s had good AVOD from the beginning. What needs to be changed? Also, why do some modifications now and more modifications later, when they get flat bed seats? DL should focus on the horrid 767-300s first, which desperately need to be updated.
These changes talked about are software changes, and expanding the selection of movies, shows, music, etc., by up to 150%. The music selection on the A330s for example, are/were quite pathetic, compared to the few hundred CDs available on the 767s...
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
You need to get your head checked...more than once...^
The A330 AVOD is a nice system though reliability has been a problem in my experience. Expansion of content would be nice for sure.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Buckshot
The A330 AVOD is a nice system though reliability has been a problem in my experience. Expansion of content would be nice for sure.
Having there actually be on-demand shows like Two and a Half Men and Family Guy and The Office instead of "On-Air One" and "On-Air Two" that have so many commercials will be quite an enhancement. Also for those who like music, being able to actually see hundreds of CDs instead of maybe 10-15 will be quite an enhancement as well. Non-stop pop on Delta just doesn't do it for many since many people may enjoy 10-20% of the songs on the playlist but you can't choose the songs you want and can't stop, rewind or fast forward. While I do like the size of the monitors and the general functionality, Delta on Demand will be a huge enhancement for these AVOD systems as there will be many more options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.