Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Identifying 757s (AVOD status, power)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Identifying 757s (AVOD status, power)

I'll be flying SEA-ATL-STT-ATL-SEA in December, all segments on 757s. Can you confirm whether the following is true, given the Y/F seat numbers from the dl.com chart:

SEA-ATL DL2188 26F/158Y 75X ex-song, AVOD in every seat, power in F

ATL-STT DL571 24F/159Y generic 757, no IFE/power (or 75U, old IFE?)

And then the return flights are the same seating charts (DL674&2329) but ATL-STT is just less than 4 hours, whereas STT-ATL is over 4 hours. Does that make a difference in whether or not they play a movie (if in fact there is overhead IFE)?

Thanks, and feel free to point me at a thread somewhere if I've failed to find the comprehensive guide. I've already sifted through this one to get what info I could, but then I saw a mention that that info might be outdated due to upgrades to some Delta planes...

-huge
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL, UA
You are correct. The 75's generally go as follows based on F config:

16 F = Business Elite (75E or 75A)The 75E's have in seat entertainment at every seat, the 75A's have portable DigEPlayer things for J, but overhead in Y. 75E's have power in all J seats and some Y seats. I don't know about 75A's, but I believe they all have power in J.

20 F = Slightly nicer domestic first (ex-NWA interport aircraft, 75J I believe) I don't know if these have overhead TV's or not. Don't know about power on these either.

22 F = Many different variants. There are the 4 HI 757's which have leg rests and tons of leg room and there are both the ex-NWA domestic 757's (5500 & 5600 series). They are both standard old NW domestic F. The HI birds have overhead entertainment, but (correct me if I'm wrong), neither of the NW varieties do. The HI birds had power last time I was on one, but the NW birds don't.

24 F = Standard old DL domestic F with overhead entertainment. No power.

26 F = Ex-song birds with new F. These have In seat IFE as well as power. (75X).

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
One thing to remember is that Dish Network's satellites at 110 and 119 degrees do not have a footprint outside the continental USA (Dish Network has separate satellites that serve places like Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands). Therefore, I don't think Delta uses the ex-Song 757s on routes outside the CONUS.

Unless they've added satellite transponders, the "Business Elite" 757s (with the 16 160 degree recliners in F/J) have AVOD movies, recorded videos, games and the airshow but no live TV.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Thanks for both the helpful replies.

Yeah, I knew the only possibly-ex-song planes were the SEA<->ATL segments ... And that the ATL<->STT flights wouldn't have AVOD - just wondering whether they will have movies at all, or if we should bring our own video entertainment...

The ex-song planes have AVOD in coach, too, right? (You just have to pay for anything you would actually want to watch)
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by huge
The ex-song planes have AVOD in coach, too, right? (You just have to pay for anything you would actually want to watch)
Yes they do. The TV should be free, but movies, games, etc. are not free in economy.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by ND76
outside the CONUS.
OCONUS... (I'm an old government guy)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.