Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

At 124K MQMs: Can I still get upgrades but not MQMs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, CO Plat & MM, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Gold

Hello all,

I am at 124K MQMs this year, and for various reasons, do NOT want to be DM, and instead preserve 49K miles for rollover into next year.

Question is this: On upcoming Delta flights, can I first put SkyMiles number in my record, wait to see if I clear the PM upgrade, and then change the FF account credited to be my Alaskan Airlines Mileage Plan account?

Has anyone tried this? Will it nullify the upgrade once I change the FF account the miles get credited to?

Alternatively, can I show my PM card at the check-in or gate and try for the upgrade even though I am not earning MQMs on Delta?

Thanks in advance for your advice
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:08 pm

All mileage earning and associated elite status benefits are associated with the one account listed in your record. You can't earn miles in one program and receive benefits from another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.