Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best dates to get bumped in December

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
Best dates to get bumped in December

I'm doing quite a bit of flying during the month of December (all on Delta/Delta Connection) and would like to try and get as much VDB compensation as possible. I'm wondering when the best dates for this would be or if there's a tool to find out seat availability. I have reservations for the following (can modify the dates without a fee up until Dec. 10):

RIC-ATL-SLC-JAC on 12/11
JAC-SLC-LAX-SYD on 12/13 (getting into SYD on the 15)
SYD-LAX-ATL-RIC on 12/22 (long layover in LA, redeye to ATL)

Would I have better chances on other days or other routings (via MSP or DTW) or closer to xmas with the SYD-RIC leg? I'm fairly flexible with my plans.

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I suggest you buy a month subscription to ExpertFlyer. You'll be able to check seat inventory.

Don't expect VDBs around the holidays. As I've experienced, and others have expressed in other threads, it seems DL doesn't oversell (as much) around the holidays as leisure travlers tend to make their flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.