Wiki Posts
Search

Is "View Upgrade Status" Broken

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Is "View Upgrade Status" Broken

On a recent JFK-LAX-JFK trip with Mrs. AVFlyer (FO), while we never for a moment expected an upgrade, I did peak at the Upgrade Status and recall seeing a few seats available, which confused me because EF was showing J0. I didn't think anything of it at the time.

Then today, for a flight JFK-MIA tomorrow morning, after checking in, I am #1 of 6 on the upgrade list with 3 First and 29 coach seats available. If you look at the seat map, there are three unassigned F seats. The only problem is that EF shows F0 and on DL.com, you can't book an F seat on this flight. Does the View Upgrade Status in actuality show unassigned seats and not actual inventory?

Same disconnect appears for the number of coach seats View Upgrade shows. It displays 29 while there are only 6 open seats in coach on the DL seat map. On an MD-88, I think DL holds 16 seats for gate assignment (first row = 5, a couple in middle = 2, second to last row = 5 and last row = 4). So where does 29 come from?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

As a follow up. Now I am 6 of 14 with 2 seats showing. While I imagine 1 and 2 are sitting pretty, the reality is EF is still showing F0 and DL isn't selling a single FC seat on this flight.

Can anyone else confirm similar issues?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:41 pm
mpp

If I don't get upgraded early I never even bother to look. The list and how many seats remain seems to mean nothing. It will change so drastically right up until the closing of the door it doesn't matter. If I happen to be 1 or 2 at the gate I might wait it out to see but otherwise I don't even look because it never seems to matter.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by mpp
If I don't get upgraded early I never even bother to look. The list and how many seats remain seems to mean nothing. It will change so drastically right up until the closing of the door it doesn't matter. If I happen to be 1 or 2 at the gate I might wait it out to see but otherwise I don't even look because it never seems to matter.
kind of like, not getting your hopes up and when you get cleared, then your all s
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Yes, unfortunately Delta.com's upgrade standby list shows the number of seats unassigned in the cabin. It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of seats available for sale or for upgrade.

-RM
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Yes, unfortunately Delta.com's upgrade standby list shows the number of seats unassigned in the cabin. It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of seats available for sale or for upgrade.

-RM
As I suspected. Really defeats the purpose though. Adds even more value to my EF account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.