Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Checked Baggage policy on flight to Asia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

hi, it seems Delta is changing these policy everyday. The last time I checked it after they started to charge fees on 2nd bag on international flights, flights from/to Asia from US is still exempt. And today, it seems for flight to Asia (not from) after 10/15 and ticketed after 10/1 there is a charge for the 2nd bag. However, on the footnotes, it also states medallion members can check in three bags for travel to the Asia though it doesn't say it is free or not.
I am a silver medallion, so can I check in two bags for free or not? can anyone confirm?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by longmanzz
hi, it seems Delta is changing these policy everyday. The last time I checked it after they started to charge fees on 2nd bag on international flights, flights from/to Asia from US is still exempt. And today, it seems for flight to Asia (not from) after 10/15 and ticketed after 10/1 there is a charge for the 2nd bag. However, on the footnotes, it also states medallion members can check in three bags for travel to the Asia though it doesn't say it is free or not.
I am a silver medallion, so can I check in two bags for free or not? can anyone confirm?
"For travel to, from or within Asia Pacific regions: SkyMiles Diamond, Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members, Million Milers, SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus members, and Alaska Air MVP & MVP Gold Members are permitted one additional free bag over the standard cabin allowance."

Please view table at link for standard cabin allowance as it varies according to destination within Asia.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...cked/index.jsp

but from my understanding all Status holders get minimum 2 bags for "international" flights.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Nov 14, 2011 at 4:39 am
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Hi, if you are traveling to Asia (ex-Japan and the Philippines), you can check two bags free (only 50-lbs max each).

If you are traveling to the Philippines, you can check three bags free (also max of 50-lbs each).
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta FO
The policy is contradictory, but it clearly states 3 bags for medallion members going to from, within Asia. If the checkin agent gives you trouble about the third bag, pull up the website and I'm sure they would allow the third bag free of charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.