Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amex Removes Miles Boost for DL Gold Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Removes Miles Boost for DL Gold Amex

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 5:33 pm

Looks like a 10 year old is still making decisions at DL.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
As long as the Amex Gift Card redemption offer still exists...
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Woah. I have the Reserve; the website still suggests there's a miles boost on that one (the whole reason why I have it). Yowza.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by BobRoss
Woah. I have the Reserve; the website still suggests there's a miles boost on that one (the whole reason why I have it). Yowza.
The agent said no change to reserve.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
All to be expected. DL has too many elites on low $ spend (for actual DL metal flights) and Amex finding not worth it. In other threads lots of complaints about lack of DL award and UG avail. Well, this is part of the solution.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:28 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
When it rains it pours.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
It looks like DL Amex Platinum and Reserve are still offering Miles Boosts. I just got off the phone with a representative and she said DL Gold only is affected. She mentioned Platinum was going to have additional benefits announced in the next few days. I asked if the fee was going up and she said she did not have any information on that aspect.

OP you might want to modify your Title to reflect the Gold card only. Scary times we live in.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by javabytes
What are the changes (if any) to the DL Plat AmEx?
I just got my Platinum statement today (electronically) and there wasn't anything about this change.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
It looks like DL Amex Platinum and Reserve are still offering Miles Boosts. I just got off the phone with a representative and she said DL Gold only is affected. She mentioned Platinum was going to have additional benefits announced in the next few days. I asked if the fee was going up and she said she did not have any information on that aspect.

OP you might want to modify your Title to reflect the Gold card only. Scary times we live in.
Changed.

They might actually force me into upgrading (or even downgrading in this case). Really annoying.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:34 pm

What was the mile boost for the Gold Delta AMEX. Was it just a RDM bonus? I thought the Plat DL Amex, and Reserve DL AMEX were the only ones with MQM's mile boosts.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat
I've already hit my max amount of miles boosts this year. I assume AMEX issues prorated refunds of the annual fee??
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
It will be interesting to see what these 'additional benefits' for the Plat will be. Lower Miles boost thresholds?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Often1
All to be expected. DL has too many elites on low $ spend (for actual DL metal flights) and Amex finding not worth it. In other threads lots of complaints about lack of DL award and UG avail. Well, this is part of the solution.
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
What was the mile boost for the Gold Delta AMEX. Was it just a RDM bonus? I thought the Plat DL Amex, and Reserve DL AMEX were the only ones with MQM's mile boosts.
You are right the Gold Delta AMEX was only RDM bonus not MQM, so this offer had nothing to do with DL having too many elites on low $ spend. I was planning on upgrading to the Plat Delta AMEX in January anyways for the MQM Bonus.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Originally Posted by shakenjason
I've already hit my max amount of miles boosts this year. I assume AMEX issues prorated refunds of the annual fee??
I think only within 30 days of renewal. At least with the real Plat Amex that's how it works.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
I'll be changing in January (or sooner) as well. All the other card benefits (except for the companion ticket), I get as a Medallion. Free bag - check. Priority boarding - check. Never use pay with miles since they don't earn MQMs or can get upgrades.

I charge roughly 15k-20k/year so I would never hit the MQM threshold for the Plat.

Not sure which card to choose. If the thresholds were lowered for the Plat, it would be a no-brainer. Otherwise, I could even consider the Reserve or the regular AmEx Plat if I felt there was enough value to justify paying the $450 annual fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.