Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

OLCI Insanity for AF Operated DL Codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI Insanity for AF Operated DL Codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA/Prem Exec, HH/Gold, TW/Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
the only one that works is the 006 number that is listed at the bottom of your Trip Details, next to Payment Details. Use that on the AF site, plus your last name. Works every time for me.
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but when I go to http://www.airfrance.us/cgi-bin/AF/U...icket-plane.do and look at the "Online check-in" section, there's a pull down where you can pick exactly one of "Your log-in", "Reference-Booking Code", "Flying Blue Card", or "Electronic Ticket" with only one box to type in. So you can't type both the ticket number and your last name. When I type the 006 Delta ticket number, I'm redirected to delta.com and the cycle continues. I was unsuccessful in both directions this past week on 83/84 SFO-CDG-SFO with a Delta ticket on AFR metal.

In better news, when I checked in at the AF counter at SFO the seats I picked on delta.com were honored; and when I checked in this morning at an AF kiosk at CDG they found my reservation/seats Just Fine.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:05 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Sorry, you're not an idiot, I misunderstood. What I was referring to was how to access your reservation. OLCI is a whole other matter...check out the AF forum, they (and I) have had issues with their OLCI for quite some time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And when I'm on a DL codeshare is usually when I have the most problems. The only benefit I see for OLCI is being able to access new seats that come available at that time. Otherwise, you usually still have to go to check-in to get an actual boarding pass. Basically, you are checked in, but what prints out isn't a boarding pass.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:42 am

OLCI is a whole other matter...check out the AF forum ...
this threaded is entitled OLCI Insanity ...
The only benefit I see for OLCI is being able to access new seats that come available at that time. Otherwise, you usually still have to go to check-in to get an actual boarding pass. Basically, you are checked in, but what prints out isn't a boarding pass.
On every other airline I've flown, when you OLCI you are both checked-in and you have a boarding pass. You may go straight to the lounge/gate without standing in line.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: DM/3MM
this threaded is entitled OLCI Insanity...

was clearly not multi-tasking as successfully as I could have. thought someone had also mentioned how they can access information on AF.com, and there is an issue as to which 006 number you use.

Yes, you are correct, one would think that you'd be able to do online check in and get a boarding pass (even if you still have to show your docs at the gate). This has not been my experience with AF TATL (and haven't tried OLCI within Europe).

I also don't know if you can get through security with the OLCI printout. I've never tried it, though I did ask an AF agent at JFK once if I could and was told I needed a BP.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:05 am

I also don't know if you can get through security with the OLCI printout. I've never tried it..
I've had no trouble for many years with an OLCI BP on International flights. It's only this DL/AF codeshare brokenness that reminds me of 2005. Adding to the frustration yesterday at CDG was that, since I could not OLCI, when I got to 2E the check-in area was listed as 10-11, where I went, used the kiosk, printed a BP, and then went to drop my bag and was told that I had to go to a different aisle (6-7?) to get the PRIORITY tags put on my bag for Affaires. When I got there, of course, there was a HUGE line, half of which were first-time flyers who were in the wrong line and who had to be given instructions about where they should go next. Easily added 15 minutes to what should have been straightforward. I stood at the front of that line for 7 minutes until one of the agents was available and completed my transaction in under 2 minutes, leaving before any of the others who were there before me had left. I don't know about you, but if I can avoid a line of newbies, I'll take it every time: because the alternative is so sucky.

I presume if you've never OLCI'd an International flight you've been in those lines all this time. Have fun, but for me: no thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.