Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Rant, issue, non-rev upgrade question - 2 of 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant, issue, non-rev upgrade question - 2 of 2

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I see a few regular Netjet CAs that are DMs
Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM Marriott Gold
Even Delta employees can and do have status. Many fly on real tickets.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:10 am

Programs: their are many of them
I find this throughly entertaining........ i can't tell you if a UA Crew is deadheading to say Paris or Any European city the have to be in business class or higher.. i blieve it is a contractual agreement
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:11 am

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by jjvan
Even Delta employees can and do have status. Many fly on real tickets.
it happens on many airlines. Non Reving isn't what it use to be
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Herb687
Well I think if the person was wearing a DELTA pilot or flight attendant uniform it's nearly certain that the person in question was a DELTA crew member!

Some of us do have the ability to recognize that NetJets pilots don't wear Delta uniforms.
um ok.....and my question is, EVERY SINGLE time you walk up to these people and check there tickets yes? You know Delta allows crew to buy tickets on Delta and even more shocking is some are part of SM.

(PS they could also be on company tickets)
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
This shouldn't be cast off as another rant, but another story of DL not following policy by a lazy agent.

If there is space, seats should be given to elites. If the CEO does it, so should all the employees.
hahaha should they go into the lav and kiss your a$$ too? Me thinks someone thinks a we bit to much about them selves.

and please post the proof that the agent broke the rules...........
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by FlySkyTeam
^

Completely agree.. however I ran into a problem out of SFO once where I SDC'd w/ a Seat Request and I was denied to be placed on the UG list till I had a "confirmed seat"... or at least that's what the GA told me.. Then a few GM's got my UG (when I was a PM at the time)

Also, I don't believe employees or NetJet crew have any higher priority over paying customers. Also, I thought they were exempted from being members of the SkyMiles program. I am tired of employees getting bumped up in front of customers. They don't pay to fly and have fantastic BE privileges overseas, so I don't feel bad when I get an UG and they have to go in the back.

Which also reminds me of a time in ATL when a GA gave my seat 5C to a crew member by accident, and when I went to board it denied me as my seat was given away. The GA did the right thing, went on to the plane and moved him back as I held the 5C boarding pass..
Sometimes employees get one flights before paying PAXs.

All Delta employees are aloud to be part of SM and buy tickets on Delta. As shocking as most people will find this, Nov-reving pretty much sucks now days and alot of crew would rather just buy a ticket than try to get into a city like ATL from DFW on an S3.

and fantastic BE privileges? ... does that have to do with domestic flights? And do you really think that most Delta employees can just take a trip to Europe? eh i wish i was so rich that i could stick my head in the sand and only care about myself.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
Sometimes employees get one flights before paying PAXs.

All Delta employees are aloud to be part of SM and buy tickets on Delta. As shocking as most people will find this, Nov-reving pretty much sucks now days and alot of crew would rather just buy a ticket than try to get into a city like ATL from DFW on an S3.

and fantastic BE privileges? ... does that have to do with domestic flights? And do you really think that most Delta employees can just take a trip to Europe? eh i wish i was so rich that i could stick my head in the sand and only care about myself.
no, no, you got it all wrong. You can fly anywhere on a S-4 and the flights are always wide open and one of the perks is you get to bump a Gold out of their rightful fc seat they paid $240 for...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.