Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Miles Routings Make No Sense To Me

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
it's due to the fact that DCA-LGA is a delta shuttle flight. DCA/BOS/ORD traffics are handled at a different terminal at LGA which only serves shuttle flights. When connecting to a delta mainland flight, you have to exit the terminal and transit landside. Also you should note that I have found no public transportation that can get you to the main terminal from the shuttle terminal at LGA. I think that's the reason it routs you through DTW.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by hansyuwiwb
it's due to the fact that DCA-LGA is a delta shuttle flight. DCA/BOS/ORD traffics are handled at a different terminal at LGA which only serves shuttle flights. When connecting to a delta mainland flight, you have to exit the terminal and transit landside. Also you should note that I have found no public transportation that can get you to the main terminal from the shuttle terminal at LGA. I think that's the reason it routs you through DTW.
Yup. The relevant line from the MCT database for DL at LGA is

Code:
DL-** DD SUP   DCA - ALL
Indicating that connections from DCA to anywhere are suppressed at the request of the carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.