Wiki Posts
Search

What is SkyTeam?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL: DM; MR: GE, HH: Diamond, SPG: Gold
What is SkyTeam?

I am about to reach Gold on Delta. I found this page, and am confused: https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...fits/index.jsp

It lists that I would get complimentary SkyTeam access:
Lounge Access—Complimentary access to most SkyTeam lounges worldwide when traveling in any class of service. Simply present your same-day ticket for an international or connecting SkyTeam flight. You can even invite a guest to join you in the lounge

Is this different than Delta SkyClub? Do I have to have SkyClub to get the above? How does this all work.

Confused in Fargo.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
When traveling on an international itinerary, even in Y, you can use ST partners' lounges. This may be the SkyClub if you're in the US, the SkyTeam Lounge at LHR, an AF lounge, KL, etc...it just depends on where you are traveling.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

So, If I am Gold, I can automatically use SkyClub in the US? I thought I had to pay for that (approximately $350/year as Gold?)
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Originally Posted by esac
I am about to reach Gold on Delta. I found this page, and am confused: https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...fits/index.jsp

It lists that I would get complimentary SkyTeam access:
Lounge Access—Complimentary access to most SkyTeam lounges worldwide when traveling in any class of service. Simply present your same-day ticket for an international or connecting SkyTeam flight. You can even invite a guest to join you in the lounge

Is this different than Delta SkyClub? Do I have to have SkyClub to get the above? How does this all work.

Confused in Fargo.
Skyteam is the name of the Alliance that DL belong too along with AF/KLM, Korean Air, Aeromexico ETC.
I believe it is 10 members total.

If you reach gold medallion that would make you elite plus on SKYTEAM.

DL skyclub is Skyteam Alliance club.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
you dont have free access to skyclub as a silver, gold & plat, only DM get free access to Skyclub in the USA.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
So, If I am Gold, I can automatically use SkyClub in the US? I thought I had to pay for that (approximately $350/year as Gold?)
As a GM, you cannot use the SkyClub for free when only flying domestic, you'd have to purchase a SC membership.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Ok, I think I get it. If you have an international or are connecting via one of the SkyTeam Partners (who happen to be international), then you can access SkyClub or other partner lounges. Essentially the benefit is meant to be only if you are travelling internationally.

If you want to utilize SkyClub for Domestic US flights, then you have to pay the $350 (Gold price).
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM
Ok, I think I get it. If you have an international or are connecting via one of the SkyTeam Partners (who happen to be international), then you can access SkyClub or other partner lounges. Essentially the benefit is meant to be only if you are travelling internationally.

If you want to utilize SkyClub for Domestic US flights, then you have to pay the $350 (Gold price).
Correct. Someone else chime if I wrong, but I believe that Canada does not count as international for this purpose. Also note that DL has done a poor job of communicating to its partners that DL GM is now (since March 31) STE+, so you may have access issues at partners' outstations (or even some hubs -- SVO for SU, for example)
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:16 am

You CAN access SCs as a GM on Canadian and Caribbean flights! I've done it before. It's a great deal.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
You have to be on an international itinerary (and this brings up the old debate over whether international means Canada, Mexico and/or the Caribbean).

For example, if you were to travel IAD-ATL-LHR on DL (a route my wife and I did earlier this year), your ST E+ status would get you into the Air France lounge in IAD, even though you were not going on AF or KL (you would also get into any of the SCs in ATL).
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eheinz
Also note that DL has done a poor job of communicating to its partners that DL GM is now (since March 31) STE+, so you may have access issues at partners' outstations (or even some hubs -- SVO for SU, for example)
Don't think the problem is DL here. They have communicated with the ST partners but certain lounges still have problems, primarily EU. Those remain the only ones in the world where the dragons still ask to see my Diamond card before entry.

For the OP, not all intl clubs allow access. To find out which ones you can enter, check out the list and make sure to set the dropdown menu to ST Elite Plus. These are the clubs that *should* allow access...

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:22 am

What is SkyTeam? The recently-voted, third best out of 3, Global Airline Alliance!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:20 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ND76
You have to be on an international itinerary (and this brings up the old debate over whether international means Canada, Mexico and/or the Caribbean).
Mexico is DEFINITELY considered international. I just got back from MEX and I used the AeroMexico Salon Priemer in MEX before leaving, and the DL SkyClub when I got to ATL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.