Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 355F1
Has anyone been offered a buy-up at check-in to Business on SFO-JFK or vice versa?
Lately, nothing besides fare difference. During the "no upgrades for anyone" phase I was offered $250 to buy up a K fare, but have not seen anything like that recently.

That being said, I fly out of RDU a lot so RDU-JFK-LAX-(insert west coast destination) is available cheap by buying RDU-ATL/MSP/DTW/LAX-(west coast destination) and doing a premium cabin SDC. Tomorrow flying RDU-JFK-LAX-LAS for less than $800 RT
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Doesn't happen on the JFK-LAX/SFO routes.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
All my 1st class offers for flights from 2 weeks out to 2 months out are gone this AM.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hnewman
All my 1st class offers for flights from 2 weeks out to 2 months out are gone this AM.
Just checked a reservation of mine for October and the offer is gone too. How odd.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Just checked a reservation of mine for October and the offer is gone too. How odd.
My guess is they are planning a new improved method.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:25 pm

My guess is they are planning a new improved method.
Just came back at higher prices.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
That's what DL calls "improved".
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
I've been checking everyday for 3weeks for the FMC upgrade offer on my STL>SLC>LAS>ATL>STL and not a single offer, but that's ok, I got the UG both legs to LAS, and the return is a so far 2/3 empty red-eye...... if the price was right I might have paid for what I got free today! Thanks Delta!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
IRROPS today forced us on to the last flight of the day which showed no FC at 6PM when assigned two nice C+ seats. Call to the DM line at 8 showed one had come available. Wanted two so passed on the offer. Sky Club at 9 and Agent there said there were now two seats and we were #s 1&2 on the UG list. I said that we were on a FC fare and she could put us up but she said that she was not empowered to make that change but we should talk to the GA. So at the gate same song and dance about the UG list and no can do. Call to DM line got the same response but a request for a supervisor got the deed done.

Lesson - With a GAP fare you are entitled to last seat availability the moment a seat is open and most agents do not know this.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by monitor
IRROPS today forced us on to the last flight of the day which showed no FC at 6PM when assigned two nice C+ seats. Call to the DM line at 8 showed one had come available. Wanted two so passed on the offer. Sky Club at 9 and Agent there said there were now two seats and we were #s 1&2 on the UG list. I said that we were on a FC fare and she could put us up but she said that she was not empowered to make that change but we should talk to the GA. So at the gate same song and dance about the UG list and no can do. Call to DM line got the same response but a request for a supervisor got the deed done.

Lesson - With a GAP fare you are entitled to last seat availability the moment a seat is open and most agents do not know this.
Well done!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott (Plat), Hyatt (Plat), National (Ex. Elite)

Guys,
I swear I am not a complete moron, but where exactly are y'all seeing these offers?

I saw one on the iPhone app late last year I think, before FCM took off. I wrote to Delta saying "hey, what's up with selling upgrades?" They said "that was a mistake and should not have happened." Have seen none since.

So, did Delta check a box in my profile saying don't offer this guy $ upgrades? Or is it because I book 95% of my tix through an employer mandated travel agency?

Regardless, I can't see these offers...

Trout
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by wherestrout
Guys,
I swear I am not a complete moron, but where exactly are y'all seeing these offers?

I saw one on the iPhone app late last year I think, before FCM took off. I wrote to Delta saying "hey, what's up with selling upgrades?" They said "that was a mistake and should not have happened." Have seen none since.

So, did Delta check a box in my profile saying don't offer this guy $ upgrades? Or is it because I book 95% of my tix through an employer mandated travel agency?

Regardless, I can't see these offers...

Trout
Highly suspect your Corp TA booking source has something to do with the offers being suppressed.

I book all my DL tickets on DL.com. Anytime I book in coach, the offer is shown in a banner on the trip details page, alongside where it offers the C+ buy-up. Same in app, on the screen that lists all your trips (though it will only show for the next trip, there).

And usually when you go into the seat map, there will be a box on the right saying to just pick a seat in F for only $X.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
Highly suspect your Corp TA booking source has something to do with the offers being suppressed.
Spot on. Try booking a personal trip and see what happens.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by gooselee

I book all my DL tickets on DL.com. Anytime I book in coach, the offer is shown in a banner on the trip details page, alongside where it offers the C+ buy-up. Same in app, on the screen that lists all your trips (though it will only show for the next trip, there).

And usually when you go into the seat map, there will be a box on the right saying to just pick a seat in F for only $X.
Since almost all of my travel is for work, I'm seriously annoyed with this. There are many cases where I'd willingly pay for an upgrade myself, which isn't against my corporate travel rules, yet Delta won't even offer.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by realjd
Since almost all of my travel is for work, I'm seriously annoyed with this. There are many cases where I'd willingly pay for an upgrade myself, which isn't against my corporate travel rules, yet Delta won't even offer.
Even if you book through the corp TA, you might still get an upgrade offer when you check in. Mrs. TrojanTraveler was flying ATL-EWR with a ticket booked through corp TA and got a $99 upgrade offer when checking in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.