Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more free soup at DTW sky clubs:(

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I can't imagine the horror of a European or Asian traveler that is used to the standards overseas and buys a BE ticket...then walks into the SkyClub. The people, the behavior, the offerings, it can't be a good first impression.
To be fair, their first impression probably is more affected by the TSA molestation upon entry. Welcome to the 'land of the free'!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by travelry
You want some good food and good wine. Just go to Vino Volo at DTW first. Then go to the SkyClub after and drink some cheap wine and eat some snacks. Do people really expect some gourmet buffet and premium free liquor for the cheap fee charged for membership? Seriously?
I was happy with mid grade booze, seating, and bathrooms that did not induce vomit.....
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Correct. Or at least in DTW. The lady in the SC did say they still had oatmeal in the morning, which I do enjoy. Even if you are on first on a red eye, they don't have a meal service, and there are times I will take a redeye home and shower at the SC and head to the office, and do appreciate having something hot to eat.

I wish the SC would put out things like finger sandwiches or some kind of small appetizer like hotel lounges. But that isn't just Delta doing that in domestic lounges. Sad thing is, Delta is suppose to have some of the best domestic airport lounges.
Bummer, no soup this past week in MSP or DCA. Went through during lunch and dinner times.

SC is just going south if you ask me. There really is no real food anymore (sorry Tilamook cheese doesn't cut real food). I have yet to run into any SC with real food anymore in the domestic system (though haven't been to ATL E lately). It's too bad DL basically decided to run SC's to the ground after taking over the NWA WC.

I guess if I want real food I have to hit NRT otherwise head to an international lounge on a partner.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
Originally Posted by gatechange
The main point still is... DL Skyclubs are going .. downhill.. is that a fare description?
No.
This is.

BASIC SEASON MIDWEEK INSTANT PURCHASE K
NONREFUNDABLE FARES
Between AREA 1 and AREA 3 FOR ROUND TRIP FARES
FOR ADULT
Old Jun 28, 2011, 4:28 am

Programs: DL DM
SC is just going south if you ask me. There really is no real food anymore (sorry Tilamook cheese doesn't cut real food). I have yet to run into any SC with real food anymore in the domestic system (though haven't been to ATL E lately). It's too bad DL basically decided to run SC's to the ground after taking over the NWA WC.

I agree that SC are going south, however....the food hasn't dramatically changed from NW. Cheese, veggies, snack mix, cookies are all still there. New are olives, hummus, and sweet snack mixes. If anything, the catering has improved slightly from NW days. I am a DTW-based former NW'er.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I guess if I want real food I have to hit NRT otherwise head to an international lounge on a partner.
Seems rather far to go for some food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.