Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to bypass Sabre with new reservation system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta to bypass Sabre with new reservation system

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Good for DL. I applauded AA trying to cut out the waste of third parties, and I hope DL does it even better.
I don't think I like this approach.

1. It gives airlines too much control. We all know that travel agents and even some websites such as kayak give you more control over the fares that are available for purchase. Airlines want to force the higher fares, more inconvenient flights, etc.

2. DL's reservation system sucks, big time. Third party sites (orbitz, travelocity, etc) offer options that DL's system is too stupid to come up with.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Gadz, I always use ITA to search for DL fares, then after I find what I want, then I go over to DL's site and book it. ITA often comes up with interesting, and less expensive options that require sometimes strange routings. I really don't want to lose that. (e.g. last year STL-CVG-LAS-HNL was WAY cheaper than the more direct options via a hub. I have some other examples as well, but will not share them here lest DL get ideas.)
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Love seeing all the travel agents on here
Old Apr 22, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Cellisttoo
Gadz, I always use ITA to search for DL fares, then after I find what I want, then I go over to DL's site and book it. ITA often comes up with interesting, and less expensive options that require sometimes strange routings.
I don't think Delta has a reason to remove ITA's access to their fares; ITA doesn't charge a portion of the fare at booking because ITA doesn't let you buy tickets. AA never disappeared from ITA during their direct-connection drama a couple months ago.

I'd be more worried about Google's acquisition of ITA messing stuff up.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BonzoESC
I don't think Delta has a reason to remove ITA's access to their fares; ITA doesn't charge a portion of the fare at booking because ITA doesn't let you buy tickets. AA never disappeared from ITA during their direct-connection drama a couple months ago.

Yeah, I always check ITA before booking. Sometimes they have routes that offer better CPM than the default Delta.com booking engine. I hope it stays around.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by BonzoESC
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.