Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This will hit MEM hard

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
This article says nothing about MEM. Am I missing something?
"Delta, the world’s second-largest carrier, said it would reduce overall seating capacity by 4 percentage points in the second half of the year, especially in markets where “revenue has not kept pace with fuel” such as the trans-Atlantic. The Atlanta-based airline is cutting departures at its Memphis hub by 25 percent."
Emphasis is mine.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 6:36 am
Suspended

Forry about MEM

Originally Posted by crank1225
saw this in a story about fuel prices.

Memphis flights to be cut by 25%.

full story http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo
Very sorry to hear this. I love the airport and use it quite a bit. I avoid ATL now and try to use MEM and DTW to get to the case and west coasts.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by manneca

The noise is a small price to pay for living in a reasonably liberal area in northern Mississippi. (Well, Memphis feels like Mississippi.)
Your last statement struck me as so odd... so weird... that I just don't even know how to process it.

Your Mississippi comparison in particular is weird. You strike me as a person who is either:

A) from Mississippi and hasn't gotten far enough from home to make peace with your roots.
-or-
B) a person who has never spent any time in Mississippi other than driving through it.

I'm not slamming on MS at all -- I'm simply observing that Memphis and Mississippi are really different. Socially, philosophically, ethnically... just night and day in most respects.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.