Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Smoke in Delta plane forces GRR landing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - A plane that was heading to Detroit had to turn around and return to Grand Rapids after the crew smelled smoke in the plane Saturday morning.

The plane, Delta flight 6626, left Ford International Airport around 8:30 a.m. Saturday. A few minutes later, the crew reported smelling smoke in the cockpit of the plane.

The plane turned around and returned to the Grand Rapids airport. The plane landed safely and the passengers evacuated. Emergency crews looked over the plane, but found no immediate cause to the smoke was found.

Airport officials tell 24 Hour News 8 none of the 55 people on the plane were hurt in the incident.
Link Here
Yet another RJ.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Why were the pilots smoking in the cockpit - I thought all DL flights were non-smoking!?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM / Hilton Diamond
Apparently a light bulb shorted out in the cockpit, causing the smoke...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.