Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Arrival showers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

London Arrival showers

What does Delta offer in LHR in the way of an arrival lounge. Nothing seems clearly described on www.delta.com
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:01 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
The Yotel at LHR is used as an arrivals lounge.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ounge-lhr.html

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/en...-airport-22082
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

thanks
Old Mar 6, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I've done the Yotel - it's quite nice and convenient. ^ A little more space to open your carryons and put down your stuff than in most shower rooms in arrivals lounges.

FTF
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
I've done the Yotel - it's quite nice and convenient. ^ A little more space to open your carryons and put down your stuff than in most shower rooms in arrivals lounges.

FTF
I've never gone through the process to use it...how long does it actually take to check in and check out?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, BA Prem/LG, AA CK, UA GS, Marriott Ambassador
With your boarding pass (maybe not needed as they have a list of eligible passengers) about 30 seconds. Unless for some reason there are no rooms open (never happened to me).
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: - DL DM, HH Gold
Yep, Yotel it is.

Now waiting for Rwoman, my fellow (but entirely unmet / unrelated) DL TATL-slogger, to give you some extra pointers...
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Similar Question but with LGW

Slightly related question.. What about Gatwick? Delta isn't showing a club there nor any shower facilities. Does anybody have any experience with coming into LGW?

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
TATL lawyer is our regular LGW DL flyer, so hopefully he'll pop in and comment. Pretty sure there's nothing there in terms of lounges for SkyTeam, unfortunately.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by localady
Slightly related question.. What about Gatwick? Delta isn't showing a club there nor any shower facilities. Does anybody have any experience with coming into LGW?

Thanks
They closed the BizElite arrivals lounge (in the Arora Hotel) after most flights switched over to LHR.

If you're willing to pay, you can book the Yotel in the Gatwick South Terminal if you would like a shower. There are also showers (for a fee) at Victoria Station in London - the Gatwick Express and Southeastern trains arrive at Victoria.

Gatwick is generally fairly painless...although the a/c type varies from the 763 to the A333...plenty of discussion on the forums about each a/c.

robin
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
What does Delta offer in LHR in the way of an arrival lounge. Nothing seems clearly described on www.delta.com
If you do a search for "Yotel" you will find information on the forum. Also look on the UK forum - I posted pics a while back.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
TATL lawyer is our regular LGW DL flyer, so hopefully he'll pop in and comment. Pretty sure there's nothing there in terms of lounges for SkyTeam, unfortunately.
Yes indeed. rwoman is the forum's regular LHR DL flyer and so can give you a steer on availability at LHR.

I have never had a problem booking or getting in at LHR, though.

So back to LGW - not much I am afraid. There is a yotel in the South Terminal. It is on the arrivals level near Costa Coffee (a chain similar to Starbies). I have never used it as I have family very near by.

Note, however, that DL lands at the North Terminal. If you would like to go to the yotel ... from the arrivals in the N Terminal, which is on the ground floor, take the elevator/escalators to the middle/mezzanine/shopping level, and turn left towards outdoors. The monorail runs every 2 minutes, and takes you to the S Terminal in about a 3 minute ride.

Safe travels

Last edited by TATL lawyer; Mar 8, 2011 at 4:35 am
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
They closed the BizElite arrivals lounge (in the Arora Hotel) after most flights switched over to LHR.

If you're willing to pay, you can book the Yotel in the Gatwick South Terminal if you would like a shower. There are also showers (for a fee) at Victoria Station in London - the Gatwick Express and Southeastern trains arrive at Victoria.

Gatwick is generally fairly painless...although the a/c type varies from the 763 to the A333...plenty of discussion on the forums about each a/c.

robin
Haha - I hoped you would pop up! ^ Not sure "painless" applies to all of the 763s... ew!

One other thing I would mention, locallady.

The trains to London run from the S Terminal at LGW, so if you are heading into town you will need to use the monorail to connect to the S Terminal (as per earlier post) first.

If you are travelling on someone else's dime, take the Gatwick Express. If you are travelling for leisure, use the Southeastern (takes 5-10 mins more and costs half!), which also can take you to London Bridge if you are going to the business district / east side.

If you visiting locally in Sussex, a taxi may be good, but do NOT take one into central London - takes an age and costs 000s.

Feel free to PM me for any other local connection tips etc
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
..or in the case of DL36/37 LGW>CVG, cancelled it altogether.

On my westbound run a couple of weeks ago, the FAs were greatly lamenting that cancellation and their resulting move to ATL. From my point of view, was a shame to lose the "option", and from what I see of comments elsewhere about CVG and its prospects, that route is not coming back any time soon!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by TATL lawyer
..or in the case of DL36/37 LGW>CVG, cancelled it altogether.

On my westbound run a couple of weeks ago, the FAs were greatly lamenting that cancellation and their resulting move to ATL. From my point of view, was a shame to lose the "option", and from what I see of comments elsewhere about CVG and its prospects, that route is not coming back any time soon!
They discontinued the MSP-LGW service as well. Someone I know in FAR was lamenting this, as she and her husband love to visit London and always preferred to just fly MSP-FAR-LGW. I think they may have some friends in that area (or more convenient to it than LHR), but she also just seemed to prefer it as an airport. (Given the zoo-like nature you can encounter at LHR, this seems like a completely natural preference for a Midwesterner nearing retirement age.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.