Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Compensation Reports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Marriott Gold, National Executive
5000 miles for a counter agent at DCA refusing to check for availability on an earlier flight than I was booked on. She said "that's only for elite passengers" without even looking me up in the system (so how did she know if I was elite or not??)
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Flight delay , missed connection caused me to overnight in MSP and arrive at destination 15 hours late: Hotel voucher, 2 meal vouchers, ground transportation voucher (none of which I used)

Flight cancellation causing a re-route, arriving 10 hours later -- 2500 miles.

(PM).
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Flight canceled without any notice: 25,000 miles. upgraded at window and then un-upgraded at gate: $150 and another $100 from GM desk. Flight departing 20 min early and leaving my sister behind with no notice of schedule change, resulting in her having to wait a day for next flight: 5,000 miles and $300
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by cabingirl
5000 miles for a counter agent at DCA refusing to check for availability on an earlier flight than I was booked on. She said "that's only for elite passengers" without even looking me up in the system (so how did she know if I was elite or not??)
No It's not. It's for anyone willing to pay the SDC fee, too.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: DL Silver, Marriott Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by johndoe123
No It's not. It's for anyone willing to pay the SDC fee, too.
Exactly. But, I really only complained because I was pissed that she "profiled" me as being non-elite (after helping the male customer in front of me move to the exact same flight). Yea, I may only be Silver, but it's still sort-of-elite, you know?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by pdac1975
Holy cow. You must spend half your life complaining! Considering it's only March, I can't wait to see what your tally looks like by the end of the year.
One was from the last flight last year.

I actually used to not complain at all first couple of years, and flew over 200 segments in 1.7 years without a noise even though stuff hit the fan many times. Then one of my coworkers got me hooked. Given I already had 24 segments to date, it's still like 1 in 8. I just fly pretty often.

Picked up two more I need to file today. AVOD broken Thursday morning and 2.5 hour delay that seem to have been Delta caused for the last flight out Friday night (real annoying, missed dinner plans that I was looking forward to for like 5 days and I am home for only 24 hours).
Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
The miles/compensation starts have skipped this DM pax

0 miles, no compensation, and a template (clearly written by a corporate lawyer) apology denying any responsibility for a confirmed/documented case where my suitcase was broken into while at the responsibility of delta (I offered that the compensation for the damages would be donated to the delta heritage fund and I was also denied). The letter suggested that if I feel that this reply was not sufficient, I can contact the legal affairs section of DL (translation- feel free to go to court, but we would not compensate you for your damages...)

0 miles, no compensation and no apology for delta's IT removing my seat selections to NRT/SIN (ended up cancellling the flight). ***

Same as above, for delta's IT cancelling my 73/77 seat selection and moving me to a middle row BE seat on a 747 (just canceled the flight this morning). ***

0 miles, template apology and no follow up (which was promised) for delta's automated email, text message and phone messages (office+cell) about flight schedule changes that turned out to be generate by a computer error (ended up cancelling a same day short trip for a meeting, and going conference call instead)

$200 voucher for delta's system overcharging my CC for a flight (at the beginning I received no compensation, no refund, and no apology, but the DM desk Salt Lake acted on that and was able to pull the refund and the compensation).

***Note: Both are due to a known IT problem to the DM desk, and the IT group. I would strongly suggest that you would follow BE seat recording
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gld, SPG Gld, Hyatt, PC, CBP Global Entry
7.5k SM for rude CSR who lied to me.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ULDB65
Here's mine from 3/1:

Volunteered to take a 24-hour delay on ATL-EZE flight, due to overbooking from irops the night before. I was booked in coach on a T fare.

I asked nicely, and was given a seat in B/E the next day, a room at the Westin, $30 in meal vouchers, and $600 Delta dollars.
Amazing reading these reports on when DL screws up. The OP's post is a great comparison.

I was delayed 24 hrs recently on US-Asia flight when after my first plane had mechanical and they switched me to another flight, the second plane had mechanical as well so I missed my international connection. Result:

1. 24 hour delay
2. DL wanted to not give me my J seat back
3. Measly $100
4. Only after I complained was I given another measly 10K miles

Funny, how if I volunteer I can get 6x the Delta dollars, and J seat, but to someone who had a J seat and missed due to DL mechanicals they want to not give the same out.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Tried to use my Delta Reserve Companion certificate yesterday - website showed availability, but was told to call customer service when it wouldn't book. They tried for 45 min without success. I was pretty irate by this time as I could never use my cert last year.

Complained to both AMEX and Delta. Delta said they'd "forward it to online support" (blackhole, I presume), but AMEX apologized and gave me 20,000 skymiles - what do they do, print them? If AMEX really cared, they'd credit my account for the free ticket after I booked them.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
$100 voucher, 7500 miles and a meal voucher for a 3 hour delayed BRU-ATL flight. Didn't have to ask for any of this; the $100 voucher and meal voucher was given at checkin in BRU, and the 7500 miles showed up about a week later.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
SJC-ATL redeye was cancelled due to diversion of incoming plane.

Rebooked on nonstop SJC-AUS on Alaska for the following day (and received upgrade by the way when checking in).

I rebooked over the phone. I was going to stand in line to inquire about a hotel voucher (since I had to spend the night in San Jose) but the line was barely moving and just decided to book my own inexpensive hotel.

I received an inquiry email very quickly asking about how the flight cancellation was handled.

I wound up receiving 5000 miles as "compensation" for the delay.

(Fortunately since I was able to rebook onto a nonstop instead of a redeye + connection, I was only about 4 hours delayed into AUS. I also received original mileage credit after faxing in my AS boarding pass.)
Old Mar 7, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL GM 2 Million Miler, UA, AA, FN, Marriott Gold, Holiday Inn Plat, Hyatt Plat
On Thursday, Feb 17...day before President's Day weekend travel began...last flight out of RIC to ATL overbooked, spouse and I offered $400 each to stay overnight. Got two $7 meal vouchers each for dinner/breakfast ($14 each total) and voucher for airport DoubleTree. Had bid $300 and $250 when got prompt day before at online check in, not knowing we were on last flight of night. Our bid was not even mentioned, they just made an "all call" for volunteers and we were nearest the gate.

Next morning, our noon flight was overbooked due to earlier flight cancellation, causing overbooking on other flights that were already pretty full due to holiday weekend. Each of us volunteered and received $400 each for 3-hr delay for next flight.

Next flight rolled around and at boarding, agent offers $400 for one volunteer to take next flight in 90 minutes. I jumped and spouse went on in FC as part of the original deal with DL.

All told, I walked away with $1,200 in DL dollars any my wife with $800.
Doubled my record of bumps for a 24-hr period. Am rarely offered more than $200 in most instances.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL GM 2 Million Miler, UA, AA, FN, Marriott Gold, Holiday Inn Plat, Hyatt Plat
Last September in St. Petersburg, Russia, got DL voice mail telling me my Moscow-JFK flight was running 1 hr late. Upon arrival in Moscow monitors showed 2 hr late due to late departure from JFK to Moscow. Called DL back in the states to try to get my connections worked out since it was obvious I would misconnect. US-based agents very helpful and were able to restore part of my FC seating on new booking but telephone line went down before conversation completed.

At gate 5 minutes to boarding, my name was called and expected to be told of new stateside routing...but the agent gave me a new boarding pass and invited me to join them up front in a FC bulkhead seat. Never, ever got a battlefield upgrade on an international flight like that but was the best trip of my life for 11 long hours. When arrived in JFK, my entire new domestic itinerary was in FC. This was back when I was a Gold; shortly after that made Platinum, when I now reside.

Life gets better higher up the food chain.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:08 pm

Denver to Washington Dulles on Frontier Airlines

Denver to Washington Dulles on Frontier Airlines was my last leg from my ski trip to Steamboat CO.

Upon checking in at the gate, the attendant was making all the legal mumbo jumbo announcements and stated that they're lookin for volunteers and I did.

Got a flight at the a$$ crack of dawn the next day @ 630am and went home with a $400 voucher. They paid for my dinner, hotel room and breakfast no qustions asked. Good thing I had the next day off!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.