Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Compensation Reports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
2011 Compensation Reports

We had a thread for compensation reports in 2010, and I discovered a surprising array of situations and compensation terms. I found it very helpful to know what DL was awarding in different situations- so when I had a similar situation I knew what was reasonable.

Here's mine from 3/1:

Volunteered to take a 24-hour delay on ATL-EZE flight, due to overbooking from irops the night before. I was booked in coach on a T fare.

I asked nicely, and was given a seat in B/E the next day, a room at the Westin, $30 in meal vouchers, and $600 Delta dollars.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Gold, PC Plat, CP Gold, National Exec
I was delayed, then eventually cancelled on a COU-MEM-BWI-MEM-COU trip 2 weeks ago. The delay was, incredibly, not due to weather. I say incredibly because it was weather that prevented the crew from getting to MEM so they missed their COU flight, too. I was given a $200 voucher for that.

I was rebooked in V by the GM desk from STL-ATL-DCA-STL. My seat from STL-ATL wouldn't recline, and they gave me $100 for that.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: AF, UA, BA/IB, VS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
10,000 miles for not being given my meal choice
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM
A $10 lunch voucher for a 6 hour delay due to mechanical & missed connection. (and a middle seat instead of my orig FC!!!)
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:26 pm

MEM-MSP delayed due to de-icing leading to missed connection. Booked in V for MSP to SAN next day.

Next Day: MSP-SAN delayed 3+ hours due to missing exit sign in 1st class cabin. $75 e-cert, 2,500 miles and $10 meal voucher.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
25,000 inop AVOD on ATl - GIG
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
50,000 for having to use 50k to upgrade my wife on our honeymoon versus using my last two SWUs since we were on two different reservations (only way to pay with two cc's)
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by wgbiii
A $10 lunch voucher for a 6 hour delay due to mechanical & missed connection. (and a middle seat instead of my orig FC!!!)
That doesn't sound right.... did you email DL to ask for anything?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by turnpike17
50,000 for having to use 50k to upgrade my wife on our honeymoon versus using my last two SWUs since we were on two different reservations (only way to pay with two cc's)
Why on earth did you get 50k for this? That's 100% by the book.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by wgbiii
Did you pay for FC, or were you upgraded? If you paid, I hope you got some $$$/miles back.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
$100 voucher for myself and my companion for no PDB on an on-time flight
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Originally Posted by nickp7286
$100 voucher for myself and my companion for no PDB on an on-time flight
did you ask for a PDB?

was a water in the seat?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
$100 voucher for catering not boarding meals in F on a meal flight BOS-ATL (upgraded into F as Gold Medallion at the time).
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
did you ask for a PDB?

was a water in the seat?
I didn't ask for a PDB. The FAs were chatting loudly about personal topics in the front of the cabin after everyone was boarded instead of providing PDB service. Truthfully, it is the only reason I took the time to fill out the feedback.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
Why on earth did you get 50k for this? That's 100% by the book.
I completely understand protecting Delta's BE cabin by not allowing the use of SWUs unless in the same reservation as the SWU holder, however I wrote a calm letter to a DL exec saying how I didn't think that was fair and I pointed out that it was possible (yet i didnt) to get around this rule by purchasing full Y for two tickets, using the SWU and then refunding one ticket and also being on my honeymoon, which I was lucky I had that card to play.

I told him 50K miles were more important to me as I wouldnt really have a chance to use my SWUs this year, and the SWUs were more valuable to Delta allowing them to sell two extra full fare BE seats they might not have been able too. I didnt beg for my miles back but I simply asked for a trade.... 50,000 miles back into my account and they can close my last two SWUs. A couple days later I had a deposit of 50K miles in my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.