Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Compensation Reports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Avis First
$200 Voucher: Sitting next to an overweight person and having to sit on the plane next to him while GAs tried to figure out new seating with change of equipment for about 45 extra minutes
$100 Voucher: Canceled flight and not given a better choice. Later flight had some mechanical issue
7K Miles: Arm rest won't go inside fully in bulkhead of a RJ and GA didn't pay enough attention to me with Seat Request (started boarding everyone with me waiting in front of her)
7.5K Miles: Equipment change and exit row converted to a normal row

All flights were 40-50 minutes length.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by turnpike17
I completely understand protecting Delta's BE cabin by not allowing the use of SWUs unless in the same reservation as the SWU holder, however I wrote a calm letter to a DL exec saying how I didn't think that was fair and I pointed out that it was possible (yet i didnt) to get around this rule by purchasing full Y for two tickets, using the SWU and then refunding one ticket and also being on my honeymoon, which I was lucky I had that card to play.

I told him 50K miles were more important to me as I wouldnt really have a chance to use my SWUs this year, and the SWUs were more valuable to Delta allowing them to sell two extra full fare BE seats they might not have been able too. I didnt beg for my miles back but I simply asked for a trade.... 50,000 miles back into my account and they can close my last two SWUs. A couple days later I had a deposit of 50K miles in my account.
Interesting that you got them. Guess it pays to be calm, direct, and logical.

As for the refundable tickets, I don't think this is in the rules either. If you cancel, your wife is no longer in the same reservation as you and loses eligibility to be upgraded. The upgrade should be rescinded at that time. The new electronic SWUs are much more restrictive in this regard than the paper ones were (something I did write to DL about), but it seems some agents are willing to bend the rules and allow companions to be upgraded who are on the same flights but not the same PNR.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
5,000 miles and a $10 lunch voucher because it two 2 hours to bring a plane from staging to the gate in PHL, missing my connection and arriving four hours late at my final destination
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:21 pm

Flight from DTW-RIC had mechanical issues mid-flight and we had to return to DTW. This after my first flight MLI-DTW also had mechanical issues causing me to miss my original DTW-RIC flight. Sent a letter and got 10k points. Got a nice letter a week later giving me an additional 2500 points.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
5000 miles for letting Delta know they misspelled Colombia (the country) on the website.

Seriously.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...correctly.html
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:26 pm

I got 12K miles for a sour experience at JFK gate 23:

Flight was delayed almost 3 hours, but the only announcement we received was 40 minutes prior to the STD saying that the aircraft was at the gate being catered. The GA nastily turned away anyone that got in line to inquire about the delay at the podium and said "get out of line and look at the screen." The screens reflected the original departure time until we boarded 2:45 after the STD. After I retreated to the lounge after 2 hours, the GA was so kind as to hang up on the SC agent when he tried to get more information.

New York!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
$250 voucher for inoperable IVOD on LHR JFK.
9500 miles for being served a half eaten croissant in BE DTW LHR.....
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by dh01
9500 miles for being served a half eaten croissant in BE DTW LHR.....

OMG! That's just plain nasty. I would have loved to see the FA's face when you brought it to their attention.

Scary question....who (or what) ate the other half?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond/2MM, Alaska Gold, Marriott Titanium, LT Plat.
Originally Posted by nickp7286
$100 voucher for myself and my companion for no PDB on an on-time flight
x-cuz my ignorance.
PDB ???
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
5,500 miles for a GA giving the lead FA an outdated roster that did not show my friend's cleared companion upgrade, the FA approached us and asked for proof that he belonged there even though the FA had overheard my request for companion upgrade at the gate.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: Delta 1M, SM Diamond, Hilton Diamond
My 6 year old and I were flying SEA-SLC-SNA. SLC-SNA was canceled with no flights going out until the next day.

We got on a SLC-SAN flight that night, but our bags didn't. It took two days to get our bags in San Diego.

We each got $200 vouchers and a handful of miles (5,000?).
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by whereishome?
x-cuz my ignorance.
PDB ???
For those in First/BE = Pre-Departure Beverage

For those with FT luggage tags = Pre-Departure Briefing

For those with Seat Request cards = Please Don't Bump

For those who are tired of enhancements to the SM program = Previous (or Protected) Delta Benefit

Last edited by Crackerpup; Mar 3, 2011 at 1:07 am
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:12 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by whereishome?
x-cuz my ignorance.
PDB ???
Pre Departure Beverage.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Where the hell is the 23,000 miles for the cat-caused delay? That deserves to be in here.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: AMEX PR, DELTA SM
The recent trip I took to LAS was a nightmare. Who do I contact at Delta? I'm normally not one to complain much but 3/4 flight were delayed because, late departure, Couldn't get a GA to open the door and waited forever for extra fuel for low ceilings. In addition to all this my flight from LAS to DTW had an armrest that had a broken headphone jack so I couldn't use the AVVOD; reported it to the FA but doubtful anything is going to happen. I've usually had good luck with Delta but this last trip was ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.