Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Originally Posted by Drile
Magic 8 ball says...
Concentrate and ask again

Better not tell you now

Reply hazy, try again

Cannot predict now

Ask again later
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Does anybody have the promo code?

It has been 8 months - wife and I got our Plat cards, got our 25,000 MQMs from Delta, got 50% match on 60,000 MR transferred - but only she got the 50,000 MR for spending $1,000 the first month (I spent >$6,000, she spent >$2,000).

Called Amex Plat, they told me to call MR - I did. Supervisor told me "I can't credit you the points, you have to email corporate and ask them to call you"??? Supervisor asked if I had the promo code - I searched this thread extensively for a code or screen grab - can anyone help me!? Thank you - I am so frustrated that Amex Plat could get this so wrong, and then not man up to fix their mistake. You'll see from my posts in April that everything else went great with the promo - but after I began reading about others who did not receive the MRs, I was afraid this might happen to me too.

Update: promo codes appear to be 4986 and 4880.

Last edited by cmcdanie; Mar 16, 2012 at 4:39 am Reason: update
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So as this thread approaches one year anniversary, a lot of people are probably nearing their renewal dates.

Anyone keeping this card?

Or has anyone been able to get the annual fee waived or get some other concessions to re-up?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
So as this thread approaches one year anniversary, a lot of people are probably nearing their renewal dates.

Or has anyone been able to get the annual fee waived or get some other concessions to re-up?
Never gonna happen.

As this is an Amex product with no affiliation to DL, you'd probably have more luck with cardholders in the Amex forum.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 9:00 pm
Suspended

aahhh, I miss this promotion!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Deleted

Deleted

Last edited by donnak; Jan 12, 2012 at 7:23 pm Reason: Better left unsaid
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Sorry. Should have posted it in the "targeted offer" thread.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by donnak
So I took advantage of this offer and received platinum status. I wondered what would happen with my miles at the end of the year. Based upon my actual flying, I reached gold status and had 2000 over and above which, in fact, rolled over for 2012 and I am still platinum. Pretty nice.
Still Platinum through what date?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer
Still Platinum through what date?
deleted

Last edited by donnak; Jan 12, 2012 at 7:23 pm Reason: Advice from FT
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:49 pm

I want to make a first time transfer of 100K MR points to my Skymiles account. Anyone know of any current bonus transfer offers for a first timer like me, like they had last year? I'm licking my chops looking at this thread, and hoping there's another one out there like this. Heck, I'll even take one like the Summer Promo last year!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by kevinjrwagner
I want to make a first time transfer of 100K MR points to my Skymiles account. Anyone know of any current bonus transfer offers for a first timer like me, like they had last year? I'm licking my chops looking at this thread, and hoping there's another one out there like this. Heck, I'll even take one like the Summer Promo last year!
nada
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by wco81

I actually got my fee retroactively credited to my account for both the AMEX Plat and the DL AMEX Plat! That was a nice 450+150 credit!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:23 pm

Sorry to bump - but today I received notification that I will be charged $958 because the 50,000 MR that were supposed to be deposited in my account for this promotion (code 4986) were never credited. All other aspects of the promotion worked - I got double DL miles, and got 25K MQM - but the 50,000 MR never showed up after I advanced myself 60,000.

I followed all of the instructions from this thread. I have since called Amex 4 times over the past 9 months - and sent 6 personal messages - I am still getting messages back saying:

"I checked your account but was not able to find any offer linked to your account.

Since you said that you applied for the card under the offer ID 4986, I will have this request looked into for you by our Membership Rewards Team."

Really? Can't find it linked to my account, even though most of the promotion was executed? I know that some others had this issue last April, most of you seemed to resolve it by calling Amex - but I have not. I would greatly appreciate advice if anyone knows how to help Amex find their own promotions. Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by cmcdanie
Sorry to bump - but today I received notification that I will be charged $958 because the 50,000 MR that were supposed to be deposited in my account for this promotion (code 4986) were never credited. All other aspects of the promotion worked - I got double DL miles, and got 25K MQM - but the 50,000 MR never showed up after I advanced myself 60,000.

I followed all of the instructions from this thread. I have since called Amex 4 times over the past 9 months - and sent 6 personal messages - I am still getting messages back saying:

"I checked your account but was not able to find any offer linked to your account.

Since you said that you applied for the card under the offer ID 4986, I will have this request looked into for you by our Membership Rewards Team."

Really? Can't find it linked to my account, even though most of the promotion was executed? I know that some others had this issue last April, most of you seemed to resolve it by calling Amex - but I have not. I would greatly appreciate advice if anyone knows how to help Amex find their own promotions. Thanks!
Call the Corporate dept. # should be upthread.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:36 am

Never got 50,000 MR - exhausted every Amex route?

1 year after having received the 25,000 MQMs and double DL miles for 60,000 MRs transferred - the 50,000 MR still never showed up, even though the $1,000 spend requirement was met in the first month.

I called Amex and DL when I signed up for the card to verify, printed the screen shot, wrote down the promo codes (4986 and 4880). Everything went as planned, except for the MRs. Signed my wife up, she got the 50,000 MR. I have 2 DL Amex Plat cards - that was the only difference - should not have mattered as this an open promotion for first-time Amex Plat - which I was.

A couple weeks ago I was charged $25 per 1,000 MR advanced ($1,500) - actually less since I'd earned MRs that reduced the negative balance. Payment is due by March 26th.

I recall last year that others had this problem, they called, and mostly it seemed to get worked out. In my case I have called, and called, and called, and sent secure messages (6), and twittered (dozens) - with the same three canned responses:
1) we have no record of this promotion being offered to you, or
2) you were not a first-time cardholder, or
3) this offer was targeted and was not offered to you.

By secure message I asked the "researchers" to please view the FT messages that explained the promo, I included the promo text about any "first time Amex Plat" being eligible. The 4 secure message respondents, all from India (where I live), spouted the same canned responses. I asked them to cancel the card if there were not willing to read Amex's own wording on the promotion. They cancelled the card and said the determination was "final".

MR and customer service operators say "corporate has made the determination to not extend the offer to you, so there is nothing else that can be done".

Twitter (Rachel) says:

"In the prior conversations you state that you found the link on FlyerTalk. A lot of these links that may have been shared could have been... for solicited cardholders, I can not issue the bonus points for you. If you had the solicitation with your name on it, I would be more... than happy to honor it for you. Please understand that not all cardholders are eligible for every promotion."

"This promo is by solicitation only. I have done everything that I can."

"The promotion that you are referring to is for Platinum Cards, it is not... related to Delta SkyMiles. I have done everything that I can."

"We are aware of the FlyerTalk threads that discuss these promotions. I am still working on it 2 see if there is anything else that we can do"

"we can not honor this promotion."

"this promoiton was for solicited cardholders and if you have the promo with your name on it, I would honor it"

"there is nothing that we can do to extend the promo to you."

I swear I did everything by the FT book, got all the confirmations, only the 50,000 MR never happened. I would never have paid $450+$1,500 for the card just to get 25,000 MQMs and DL miles.

Last resort, according to MR supervisor - send a letter to Lynne Biggar, Senior VP for MR - so I'll write her a letter referring to this post - along with links to my April and Dec posts on this issue.

Sorry for bumping this issue again - I appreciate all the the advice - FT responses are so much more informed than Amex themselves.

Last edited by cmcdanie; Mar 16, 2012 at 4:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.