Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using SkyMiles in South America

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Using SkyMiles in South America

I'm planning a trip to Argentina, flying in to EZE and looking to do Iguaza Falls, El Calafate and perhaps Santiago as well. It looks like the only options for a few of the flights I want (e.g. EZE/AEP-IGR) are Aerolineas Argentina or LAN.

I know GOL is now a "SkyMiles partner" per the promotion e-mail I got from DL, but is there any way to burn SkyMiles on intra-South America flights?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
It was recently announced that Aerolineas Argentina will join SkyTeam in 2012:

http://www.skyteam.com/news/headlines/20101130.html

Sounds like a great trip, I've enjoyed ski trips out of both SCL & EZE in the US Summer to get away from ATL's heat.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by nfg05
I know GOL is now a "SkyMiles partner" per the promotion e-mail I got from DL, but is there any way to burn SkyMiles on intra-South America flights?
I'm sure there's a way, but Delta has refused to provide us with any listing of how much any flights cost that do not originate in the U.S.

We've been asking for it for years, literally since the merger happened. But nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.