Wiki Posts
Search

DL AMEX Companion ticket info.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
DL AMEX Companion ticket info.

Before Christmas My wife and I flew BWI-SLC using a Amex companion pass. I had heard that if I called up and had the PNR separated we would have a chance of being upgraded (me DM and she FO). On outbound we were both upgraded at our upgrade window. On the return Jan 2nd at check-in it said "upgrade requested" for both of us. After checking in I tried to see where were on the upgrade list and it said to see gate agent. When I got to the Gate I inquired and the GA made a phone call and informed us we weren't elligible for an upgrade because of the companion pass.

My wife was the companion and did earn MQM's for both flights. I dont know why we were upgraded on the outbound. Was it that the rule started to be enforced the new year? Does it depend on the airport (BWI vs. SLC)?

Just some thoughts for anyone curious.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: Delta, United
What actually happens with AMEX companion is always a mystery. For instance, only the paying pax should get credit but more often than not both do. Same with upgrades.

Quite frankly I am surprised you got the PNR separated ...
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You might want to ask the mods to change the title of this thread to something like "DL AmEx companion ticket." The term "companion pass" sounds like an employee benefit to declare someone as a spouse-substitute for the purpose of flying as close family on nonrev standby.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:28 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
When we did this, we were not able to get the PNR split but we both got upgraded on the outbound - on the return, I was the only one offered an upgrade.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You might want to ask the mods to change the title of this thread to something like "DL AmEx companion ticket." The term "companion pass" sounds like an employee benefit to declare someone as a spouse-substitute for the purpose of flying as close family on nonrev standby.
OP can do it himself by clicking on edit, then advanced.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: Dl PM-MMX2, AA Gold, UA Priemier, Hyatt D, Hilton D, Marriott Plat, Avis President's
My experience is that if the companion cert is for FC, and you book in Y (for a lower fare) both are UGable with the same rules as 2 purchased tix w/ the companion on the UG standby list. If the companion cert is for Y only, then neither pax can be UGd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.