Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Winter capacity reductions a little too heavy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter capacity reductions a little too heavy?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Yes, but in addition to advance purchase requirements on the fares, DL manages the availability itself as well. If DL is already out of HQK fares, they have probably sold them already. It's not as though they sold everything at T and are missing out.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:50 pm

I noticed the winter trimming start back in the fall. Trimming 757 to 738 and less flights has made getting availability within 2 weeks much more difficult.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BenA
That fare difference may look good for Delta at first, but they're not going to sell those seats to anyone whose employer requires them to book the 'lowest reasonable fare'. Being out of seats constrains Delta's ability to go after these fairly pricey tickets, which seems like lost revenue to me when they could theoretically have swapped in a 757 for a 737. It also makes it more difficult to feed international flying to Europe and Latam out of east coast hubs, where connecting traffic might mean more overall revenue than a domestic passenger.
Oh come on. Surely you realize that for ever time you can find a Delta flight that is more expensive you can find another one that it isn't. I got behind on booking travel over the holidays. So, I just booked a trip to MCO for next week. I don't remember exactly what I paid but I just checked again $188 on Delta, $595 on United. $667 on AA (up to 2800 in F, what are they smoking?). CO starts at $853. WN $305. This is just ONE trip I looked at.

Thank goodness I don't have to follow any "lowest reasonable fare" policy...that just leads to loyalty with no one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.