Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL#1299 LAX-KOA turnback to LAX due to Hydraulic Issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

All,

I heard DL#1299 is turnback to LAX due to Hydraulic system problems. The flight is on en-route from LAX-KOA this afternoon and the aircraft number is N750AT.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...155Z/KLAX/KLAX

So that's why the flight has returns back to LAX due to Hydraulic problems. They will have to repaired the entire aircraft shortly.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Wow, how disappointing for all those passengers. I'm on that flight next week and would not be happy. Hopefully not a long delay and they can find another plane quickly.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 8:26 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I have taken that flight several times. Sorry for all who are inconvenienced. Hope all are safe.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
West Coast to HI is the most vulnerable route in the system. Long overwater flights on 757s, in some cases (753) operating not far from range limits under various maximum vulnerability (OEI/depressurization) scenarios. Unlike most northern TATL ETOPS routes, there are no alternates except origin and destination. This is where you do not want any trouble. Very wise, play it cautious here. Don't grumble about any amount of delay. No tolerance for hydraulic system issues in this zone. Don't want PA943 scenarios.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvagZxur7sU
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Um, who cares? Not to be rude but mechanical problems happen ALL THE TIME. Is this worthy (here) of a new thread?

Flame away for those who think this is some sort of airline operations forum...
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:47 pm

Back to the SkyClub

I would have returned to the SkyClub and wait it out.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:54 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Interesting that it left an hour and a half late to begin with.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...155Z/KLAX/KLAX

1 hour and 18 minutes LAX / Circle / LAX !!

Boarding now - 9 hours late! How much compensation should they ask for!!!

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Um, who cares? Not to be rude but mechanical problems happen ALL THE TIME. Is this worthy (here) of a new thread?
MEH!!! If it doesn't interest you, just don't read it! It's obviously of interest to at least a few people!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by mizzou miles

Flame away for those who think this is some sort of airline operations forum...
I think you and I are just voices in the wilderness here.

Maybe I should take this opportunity to mention that my PEK-ORD flight had to return to PEK due to air-conditioning problems on December 16 (oops - wrong forum, that was on AA). Then I was rerouted IN COACH!!!

I've long suggested that we consolidate these types of threads, as is done in the AA forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by obscure2k
I have taken that flight several times. Sorry for all who are inconvenienced. Hope all are safe.
+1

I'd take a mechanical delay over some sort of issue developing mid-flight!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
+1

I'd take a mechanical delay over some sort of issue developing mid-flight!
Yeah, unfortunately for KOA passengers will missed the vacations trip and especially, the flight will have cancelled due to aircraft problems. They will have to do repaired the aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.