Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You Jeff!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by florin
I just think that it's good to know that sometimes, DL does pull through for Elites. I've had a situation several years ago when NW came through for me and I really appreciated that (and still do).

Had the OP posted the details then everyone would expect the same treatment and a rare favor would be expected as the norm, which is not ok IMO.

Thanks for the post, Denolloyd!
You hit the nail on the head... Thanks for understanding. What DL has done for me is FAR from the norm. Not something many folks here would even want to have on a public forum. Nice to see them go the extra mile for a loyal customer.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
The exploitation is just starting."

Or rather "continuing" ...

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jan 5, 2011 at 7:41 am
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:15 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Or rather "continuing" ...
It's intensifying, if anything... PHL to FCO in J for the same July dates as last year can now be redeemed for 780k at SM at DL.COM. Looks like it's time for a New World Record Even for DL SM thread.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by redtailshark
It's intensifying, if anything... PHL to FCO in J for the same July dates as last year can now be redeemed for 780k at SM at DL.COM. Looks like it's time for a New World Record Even for DL SM thread.
Actually that's a feature of the new improved programming. They see that it is you logging in and they know you really want to divest yourself of all your skymiles so that you can move on to US and CO. They're just helping you to accomplish that fine goal.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, United GS, Hilton Diamond,
Another thread hijack

The brakes on this train are starting to feel a little spongy.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:36 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Actually that's a feature of the new improved programming. They see that it is you logging in and they know you really want to divest yourself of all your skymiles so that you can move on to US and CO. They're just helping you to accomplish that fine goal.
A good theory and normally I'd agree with you. Except that I wasn't logged in
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
A good theory and normally I'd agree with you. Except that I wasn't logged in
See, that just shows how great the Delta.com team is; they know it's you without your logging in. Probably a simple geotracking applet in your iPhone, or satellite tracking of an embedded RFID chip in the medallion card in your wallet.

^
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
See, that just shows how great the Delta.com team is; they know it's you without your logging in. Probably a simple geotracking applet in your iPhone, or satellite tracking of an embedded RFID chip in the medallion card in your wallet.

^
Google Latitude
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, United GS, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by DDCT
Resent it last night. We'll see.
48 hours and nothing.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by DDCT
48 hours and nothing.
Give it a few more days. Took them a little over a week to get back to me. Good luck!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I've also had help from senior Delta management more than once for sticky situations - they made sure my problem was resolved and that I received superb customer service. Many thanks to them.

And just last week there was a fantastic DCA Sky Club staffer and a fantastic gate agent at DCA who helped me enormously when I was in the process of becoming a stranded passenger after a looming misconnect threatened to ruin my trip. Great experiences like this keep me flying Delta for many of my flights (even though I have been diversifying my flying now primarily because of problems with Skymiles redemptions.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.8MM, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You hit the nail on the head... Thanks for understanding. What DL has done for me is FAR from the norm. Not something many folks here would even want to have on a public forum. Nice to see them go the extra mile for a loyal customer.
Over the previous year they have been good to me. I do send positive comments at least once a month when I travel. IMO, DL has been doing a good job stepping their game and I've been letting them know that.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: DL DM (1.1MM), MR TEL, HH DL, Avis P+ National Ex+, blah blah blah
Thumbs up The DL people

With all due respect to the OP, I find that the ones I'm thanking most often are the DL front-liners that help me out of IRROPS, baggage misconnects, etc.
These people are knowledgeable, and empowered to make things right on their own. Kudos to all the good DL people out there that have kept me loyal to DL.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:20 am

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by javajunkie
With all due respect to the OP, I find that the ones I'm thanking most often are the DL front-liners that help me out of IRROPS, baggage misconnects, etc.
These people are knowledgeable, and empowered to make things right on their own. Kudos to all the good DL people out there that have kept me loyal to DL.
I agree. The front line people are often great. Most of the people working on Virginia Ave. are great. While Jeff seems to be a nice guy, and I have nothing against him personally, he is no friend to frequent flyers. If DL had wanted a customer-pleasing head of loyalty, they would have chosen someone like Bob Soukup when NW and DL were merged. Instead, they went/stayed with a rev. mgmt./accounting type. Financially, that may have been the best decision for DL, and I'm sure in the short-run it probably has been. However, I am of the opinion that first you keep your customers happy, then you will have even more revenue to manage. Of course, I could be wrong.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by ADLFO
I agree. The front line people are often great. Most of the people working on Virginia Ave. are great. While Jeff seems to be a nice guy, and I have nothing against him personally, he is no friend to frequent flyers. If DL had wanted a customer-pleasing head of loyalty, they would have chosen someone like Bob Soukup when NW and DL were merged. Instead, they went/stayed with a rev. mgmt./accounting type. Financially, that may have been the best decision for DL, and I'm sure in the short-run it probably has been. However, I am of the opinion that first you keep your customers happy, then you will have even more revenue to manage. Of course, I could be wrong.
VERY very well said on every point ADLFO ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.