Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You Jeff!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, DL
Thumbs up Thank You Jeff!

I wrote into Jeff Robertson last week regarding a matter with DL. I recieved an email from an individual today mentioning Jeff asked them to follow up on my email. All I can say is DL REALLY came through for me and I am VERY appreciative.

As is quite evident on this site, far more individuals share their negative experiences with DL than positive. Since DL Management reads this forum from time to time, I wanted them to know some of us do appreciate them. I have my beef with certain aspects of the SkyMiles program but overall, DL has been good to me.

Jeff, thanks!!

btw - I will not discuss what I wrote DL about, period.

Cheers
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Glade to hear your issue was resolved to your satisfaction.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Aisle Executive
yup awesome job, thanks for sharing
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Good to hear you aren't willing to share what you wrote only that you are now happy. I'm sure this will bring you negative comments.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vuelos
Good to hear you aren't willing to share what you wrote only that you are now happy. I'm sure this will bring you negative comments.
The focus of the thread should not be what I did not share, but rather that DL does in fact go out of its way sometimes to take care of its Elite Customers. If someone did you a solid, would you let the entire world know? Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes out of respect for those that went beyond protocol to assist, it's only fair to keep things a bit on the "low"

I have shared lots of valuable information on this site and if anyone gets pissy with me because of this thread, thats honestly their problem. I simply wanted to shed a positive light on the DL Execs. Don't see the harm in that.

Also, this can serve as a forum for those that wish to thank Jeff for whatever in the future...

Peace
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
The focus of the thread should not be what I did not share...
Isn't that a double negative? Not trying to be "pissy", but your post doesn't really mean too much to rest of us without further details. OMG, that's a double negative statement as well.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobertS975
your post doesn't really mean too much to rest of us without further details.
And it probably won't to the vast majority. I am certain however there are a few others that would like to say a simple thanks to Jeff. I apologize in advance for ruining anyones day
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:32 pm
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
An unknown issue was solved in an unknown way!

Stop the press!
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Jeez guys ease up

Denolloyd has been a poster for a long time and has had some great input to FlyerTalk. Why is it an issue if he is happy with a result and reports it? I say the same thing about somebody who has an issue with Delta and reports it...nobody is forced to read these posts and if it does not particularly interest you then move along. The idea that Delta Management does respond (when they want to...hint: monetizing FC) to customer issues is a good thing.
Jeff is the face of the program and we take out the bad on him so we should also be able to commend him for a good result. My 2 cents.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, United GS, Hilton Diamond,
I wrote into Jeff Robertson last week regarding a matter with DL. I recieved an email from an individual today mentioning Jeff asked them to follow up on my email. All I can say is DL REALLY came through for me and I am VERY appreciative.

As is quite evident on this site, far more individuals share their negative experiences with DL than positive. Since DL Management reads this forum from time to time, I wanted them to know some of us do appreciate them. I have my beef with certain aspects of the SkyMiles program but overall, DL has been good to me.

Jeff, thanks!!

btw - I will not discuss what I wrote DL about, period.

Cheers
I had the opposite experience with Jeff. I wrote him a friendly email on 12/10 and haven't heard a thing back. I fly 250,000+ miles per year between Delta and United. I had some specific concerns about international travel with Delta that I was hoping he could address before I switched the balance of my travel, mostly international, to Delta in 2011. I start my 2011 travel on 1/17, if Delta isn't worried about capturing it, it I won't either.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mdanner423
An unknown issue was solved in an unknown way!

Stop the press!
A favorable and prompt resolution from the top brass on a holiday week. ^
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL
OP, Although I believe you are sincerely satisfied with the action that was taken, based on your message it is your understanding that "Jeff asked them to follow up on my email." In my experience, that's code for "I handle Jeff's inbox, and I'll take care of it." The only reason I would even say that is after I have written several letters (emails and postal), I typically get the same "XXX asked me to answer/handle this." So I wouldn't get too strung up with "the corporate gods have looked down one me "

But regardless of that, I am happy the DL exceeded your expectations!

That being said, I don't think I could have use quotation marks anymore than I possibly did, haha.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Denolloyd has been a poster for a long time and has had some great input to FlyerTalk. Why is it an issue if he is happy with a result and reports it? I say the same thing about somebody who has an issue with Delta and reports it...nobody is forced to read these posts and if it does not particularly interest you then move along. The idea that Delta Management does respond (when they want to...hint: monetizing FC) to customer issues is a good thing.
Jeff is the face of the program and we take out the bad on him so we should also be able to commend him for a good result. My 2 cents.
+1
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by robtking
OP, Although I believe you are sincerely satisfied with the action that was taken, based on your message it is your understanding that "Jeff asked them to follow up on my email." In my experience, that's code for "I handle Jeff's inbox, and I'll take care of it."
+1. Your letter probably didn't get Jeff's personal attention like they might want you to believe. Glad you're satisfied nonetheless.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
If someone did you a solid, would you let the entire world know? Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes out of respect for those that went beyond protocol to assist, it's only fair to keep things a bit on the "low"
Exactly. That's why I wouldn't have started a thread and purposely kept information vague?

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Denolloyd has been a poster for a long time and has had some great input to FlyerTalk. Why is it an issue if he is happy with a result and reports it? I say the same thing about somebody who has an issue with Delta and reports it...nobody is forced to read these posts and if it does not particularly interest you then move along.
I am confused as to what the point is. I guess I should start posting "I'm happy / mad" but not explaining. Why even bother writing the post? I've met the OP and this comes from confusion as to why bother writing a post if your whole goal is to not revel information?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.