Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Got one when I had an UG for both segments last week. Both UGs were at 5 days out. Printed it and gave it to a soldier in uniform in ATL.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:19 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Originally Posted by HSVGuy
Got one when I had an UG for both segments last week. Both UGs were at 5 days out. Printed it and gave it to a soldier in uniform in ATL.
Nice touch but I think soldiers in uniform are not supposed to drink while in transit.
Old May 19, 2012, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
Nice touch but I think soldiers in uniform are not supposed to drink while in transit.
I have never heard that before.
Old May 19, 2012, 9:47 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
AR 670-1 PARAGRAPH 3-3A seems to address this subject, though not the exact situation.

As I said it's a very kind gesture, and Servicemen probably know what they're supposed to be doing or not doing. I hear the Military is big on that sort of thing.

Old May 19, 2012, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
It refers only to soldiers wearing BDUs and even then only in places which primarily sell alcohol or, if in a restaurant, the soldier is drinking only.

None of this would apply to having a drink on an airplane.

4. AR 670-1 PARAGRAPH 3-3A IS CHANGED TO READ: SOLDIERS MAY WEAR
BDUs ON DUTY WHEN PRESCRIBED BY THE COMMANDER. SOLDIERS MAY
WEAR BDUs OFF POST UNLESS PROHIBITED BY THE COMMANDER. THEY MAY
WEAR BDUs FOR COMMERCIAL TRAVEL, UNLESS OTHERWISE DIRECTED BY
THE COMMANDER. PERSONNEL MAY NOT WEAR BDUs IN ESTABLISHMENTS
THAT PRIMARILY SELL ALCOHOL. IF THE ESTABLISHMENT SELLS ALCOHOL
AND FOOD, SOLDIERS MAY NOTWEAR BDUs IF THEIR ACTIVITIES IN THE
ESTABLISHMENT CENTER ON DRINIKING ALCOHOL ONLY.
Old May 19, 2012, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by bcarl
I was in EC flying DTW-PEK recently and had a HOOU that printed. I just gave it to a colleague who was in back and not in EC since my drinks were free.
A prime example of why Delta would want to kill this benefit.
Old May 19, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
Can't they use it for a snack?
Old May 19, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Has anyone figured out if and when you get the HOOU coupons if one of your segments has been UG? In other words, if you fly segment A then B, if you have an EUA on B will you get a HOOU for checking in for both? Vice versa?

I seem to recall mixed reports of folks with EUA in B and still getting HOOU, but I only seem to get them if not UG at all.
My experience has been that if you get an advance upgrade on any of your legs (traveling in one direction) that you will not get the HOOU. This has nothing to do with pop-up blockers - just seems to be the way they've set up the program.

I did once get the HOOU on a same-day MR to the West Coast when my departure leg was UG but the return was not -- so it's not related to same-day travel.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
HOOU printed with no issue for my LAX-ATL-DXB trip tomorrow.

Old May 23, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
No HOOU print-out on the boarding pass for tomorrow where I didn't get an upgrade yet. I refreshed to double-check and same result. Hope it's just a one-time glitch. Searched online here to see if there was any change in HOOU issuance policy, but didn't see anything.
Old May 23, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by cinnamon121
No HOOU print-out on the boarding pass for tomorrow where I didn't get an upgrade yet. I refreshed to double-check and same result. Hope it's just a one-time glitch. Searched online here to see if there was any change in HOOU issuance policy, but didn't see anything.
Per @DeltaAssist, here is the policy as of April 12, 2012:
Coupon aren't offered for reservations ticketed by outside agencies. Additionally, they may not be offered on each ticket booked thru DL.
Usually I suggest first trying on a computer/browser/connection known to be able to print HOOU without problems. This is by far the more common issue.

If that doesn't work, then apparently you might not have been offered a HOOU. Their policy is to not offer them on itineraries not booked directly with Delta, but obviously many have been able to print them after booking through Priceline/Orbitz/TA.

FWIW, I have yet to see a HOOU not offered to a GM or higher on a ticket booked directly with Delta.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Mrs. TrojanTraveler nor I got HOOU this am (on separate computers). It showed on the screen, but we each got a printed error message on the boarding pass.

Also, we both fell off the upgrade list and can't even view it. Way to go DL IT...
Old May 24, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Also, we both fell off the upgrade list and can't even view it. Way to go DL IT...
If you repeat the OLCI steps, it should prompt you to request your medallion upgrades. If not, tweet your PNR to @DeltaAssist and they can add you.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by dcline414
If you repeat the OLCI steps, it should prompt you to request your medallion upgrades. If not, tweet your PNR to @DeltaAssist and they can add you.
Thanks. I did OLCI again to see what would happen. As I'm tweetless, I called the Diamond desk. Clueless ("you can't see the upgrade list because your wife is also on the reservation, so she can"...) but did confirm that we are on the list. Just can't see it on my itin
Old May 24, 2012, 11:52 pm

Checked in tonight for a flight tomorrow and got the HOOU. Booked the ticket through DL.com and requested the upgrade (haven't gotten it, so it's battlefield).

Used Chrome and got the HOOU with no problem. It displayed on the screen and printed out correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.