Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

777-200LR BE Flat Bed Green/Blue Lights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott LT Platinum

I flew in BE on the 777-200LR yesterday and there is a green light indicating if your flat bed seat is in the upright takeoff/landing position. There is also a blue light. Mine was the only one with the blue light on and the flight attendants wanted to know why it was on and didn't know what it meant. This was a domestic flight so maybe they don't normally work on this plane. The one asked others to see if they knew, but no luck. Now it is bugging me. We tried the call button and that wasn't it. Do any of you know?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Now I'm going to look for my colored light next week.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Your bulb was burnt out and was replaced by one with a blue color instead of a green.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
A blue light indicates "readiness" of the ejection seat actuator. There is a reason they put you in that seat...
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:28 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
K-Mart blue light special seat for discounted fare?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Your bulb was burnt out and was replaced by one with a blue color instead of a green.
There were two separate lights. One blue and one green. The green one worked too when the seat was read for takeoff/landing.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by freqflyerbmw
I flew in BE on the 777-200LR yesterday and there is a green light indicating if your flat bed seat is in the upright takeoff/landing position. There is also a blue light. Mine was the only one with the blue light on and the flight attendants wanted to know why it was on and didn't know what it meant. This was a domestic flight so maybe they don't normally work on this plane. The one asked others to see if they knew, but no luck. Now it is bugging me. We tried the call button and that wasn't it. Do any of you know?
Maybe you get a blue light if you aren't one of those dirty, useless, seat taking, unhappy, childish, rotten Non-rev.
(note Sarcasm)
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM
The blue light notifies the FA that your seat has been soaked with some noxious liquid and that it should be thoroughly cleaned before anyone is allowed to sit in it. The previous occupant was probably either a toddler whose parents did not wake to take him to the head or, perhaps, a young man like the one who sat by me on a transpac and spilled his 8th glass of wine all over his laptop and mine.

PS: Anyone know a good source for a used macbook?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NW Mourning
Ebay...they have everything!

Seriously, if you go to the Apple site you can find them.

Dave
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
Funny thing is...it's probably the flight attendant call light!

-=tg=-

Be afraid, be very afraid...
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by freqflyerbmw
I recently flew DXB-ATL on 777LR and the crew had the lights off for most of the flight. The different color features were not used at all.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:53 am

Did you have anything plugged into the seat outlet? There is a small blue light that tells the F/A when the in-seat power is in use.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I will be flying ATL-TLV on March 2 in a flat bed seat. I am hoping to get one with a red light, which indicates that a hooker will be provided.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by Dovster
I will be flying ATL-TLV on March 2 in a flat bed seat. I am hoping to get one with a red light, which indicates that a hooker will be provided.
Dovster gets the award for the best answer IMHO

Personally I'd really like to see one of those seats for myself but I never am on 777s with DL
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by NW Mourning
The blue light notifies the FA that your seat has been soaked with some noxious liquid and that it should be thoroughly cleaned before anyone is allowed to sit in it. The previous occupant was probably either a toddler whose parents did not wake to take him to the head or, perhaps, a young man like the one who sat by me on a transpac and spilled his 8th glass of wine all over his laptop and mine.

Check your private messages. I have a perfect condition Macbook Pro 5.5 2.53ghz 250 gigabyte that was purchased in July 2009 I'm selling. Perfect condition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.