FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   777-200LR BE Flat Bed Green/Blue Lights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1161388-777-200lr-flat-bed-green-blue-lights.html)

freqflyerbmw Dec 17, 2010 11:06 pm

777-200LR BE Flat Bed Green/Blue Lights

I flew in BE on the 777-200LR yesterday and there is a green light indicating if your flat bed seat is in the upright takeoff/landing position. There is also a blue light. Mine was the only one with the blue light on and the flight attendants wanted to know why it was on and didn't know what it meant. This was a domestic flight so maybe they don't normally work on this plane. The one asked others to see if they knew, but no luck. Now it is bugging me. We tried the call button and that wasn't it. Do any of you know?

MSPeconomist Dec 17, 2010 11:43 pm

Now I'm going to look for my colored light next week.

DLATL777 Dec 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Your bulb was burnt out and was replaced by one with a blue color instead of a green.

ULDB65 Dec 18, 2010 4:55 am

A blue light indicates "readiness" of the ejection seat actuator. There is a reason they put you in that seat...

Sez_Who Dec 18, 2010 5:28 am

K-Mart blue light special seat for discounted fare? :D

freqflyerbmw Dec 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777 (Post 15472883)
Your bulb was burnt out and was replaced by one with a blue color instead of a green.

There were two separate lights. One blue and one green. The green one worked too when the seat was read for takeoff/landing.

Dawgfan6291 Dec 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by freqflyerbmw (Post 15472776)
I flew in BE on the 777-200LR yesterday and there is a green light indicating if your flat bed seat is in the upright takeoff/landing position. There is also a blue light. Mine was the only one with the blue light on and the flight attendants wanted to know why it was on and didn't know what it meant. This was a domestic flight so maybe they don't normally work on this plane. The one asked others to see if they knew, but no luck. Now it is bugging me. We tried the call button and that wasn't it. Do any of you know?

Maybe you get a blue light if you aren't one of those dirty, useless, seat taking, unhappy, childish, rotten Non-rev.
(note Sarcasm)

NW Mourning Dec 18, 2010 5:27 pm

The blue light notifies the FA that your seat has been soaked with some noxious liquid and that it should be thoroughly cleaned before anyone is allowed to sit in it. The previous occupant was probably either a toddler whose parents did not wake to take him to the head or, perhaps, a young man like the one who sat by me on a transpac and spilled his 8th glass of wine all over his laptop and mine.

PS: Anyone know a good source for a used macbook?

Davescj Dec 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by NW Mourning (Post 15477858)

Ebay...they have everything!

Seriously, if you go to the Apple site you can find them.

Dave

tgtg Dec 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Funny thing is...it's probably the flight attendant call light!

-=tg=-

Be afraid, be very afraid...

fly747first Dec 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by freqflyerbmw (Post 15472776)

I recently flew DXB-ATL on 777LR and the crew had the lights off for most of the flight. The different color features were not used at all.

Jet Doctor Dec 19, 2010 4:53 am

Did you have anything plugged into the seat outlet? There is a small blue light that tells the F/A when the in-seat power is in use.

Dovster Dec 19, 2010 5:13 am

I will be flying ATL-TLV on March 2 in a flat bed seat. I am hoping to get one with a red light, which indicates that a hooker will be provided.

jbcarioca Dec 19, 2010 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Dovster (Post 15480170)
I will be flying ATL-TLV on March 2 in a flat bed seat. I am hoping to get one with a red light, which indicates that a hooker will be provided.

Dovster gets the award for the best answer IMHO

Personally I'd really like to see one of those seats for myself but I never am on 777s with DL

muntz73 Dec 19, 2010 6:37 am

Originally Posted by NW Mourning (Post 15477858)
The blue light notifies the FA that your seat has been soaked with some noxious liquid and that it should be thoroughly cleaned before anyone is allowed to sit in it. The previous occupant was probably either a toddler whose parents did not wake to take him to the head or, perhaps, a young man like the one who sat by me on a transpac and spilled his 8th glass of wine all over his laptop and mine.

Check your private messages. I have a perfect condition Macbook Pro 5.5 2.53ghz 250 gigabyte that was purchased in July 2009 I'm selling. Perfect condition.