Delta changed me from seat 2-c again

Old Dec 13, 10, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Delta changed me from seat 2-c again

Why would delta continue to change my seat from 2-c on a paid first class ticket? This is the second time they have done it within a month on a DTW/LAX trip.

A couple weeks ago I had 2-c reserved and didn't noticed until I was on the jetway that they changed it to a 4th row aisle. Since i was in an aisle I didn't say anything.

I decided to chec k my seat assignments for upcoming trips and had seat 2-c reserved for a DTW/LAX flight friday and see I am moved to a window seat! I get up a lot and like the aisle. The ONLY aisle seats available are in row 1. I don't want a window row and I don't want to sit in row 1.

I heard osmetimes DL will switch seat assignments so two people can sit together, but if that is the case ALL of row 1 is open so they should have sat them together in row 1.
Old Dec 13, 10, 2:40 pm

Federal Air Marshal - seats 2B and 2C are often taken by them. Experienced fliers do not select these seat even on a paid ticket.
Old Dec 13, 10, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by 53flyer View Post
Federal Air Marshal - seats 2B and 2C are often taken by them. Experienced fliers do not select these seat even on a paid ticket.
+1
Old Dec 13, 10, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Might be due to a FAM on baord or just another diamond messing with you. J/K
Old Dec 13, 10, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Those were my first two thoughts too... If I'm upgraded to those seats by the system, I immediately change my seat if at all possible..
Old Dec 13, 10, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Good thing to know for in the future thanks! If there is only one air marshall on board though why wouldn't they give him/her 2-b if I booked my ticket before the person sitting in 2-b did.

I did change my seat to 3-b going back now that I know this info.
Old Dec 13, 10, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Good thing to know for in the future thanks! If there is only one air marshall on board though why wouldn't they give him/her 2-b if I booked my ticket before the person sitting in 2-b did.
To the best of my understanding, the FAM selects whatever seat they want, it has nothing to do with working as a pair. The airline can't change the seat the FAM has chosen.
Old Dec 13, 10, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Huh.

I have flown every week for almost a decade and always pick row 2 and have never experienced this. Urban Legend?
Old Dec 13, 10, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs View Post
Huh.

I have flown every week for almost a decade and always pick row 2 and have never experienced this. Urban Legend?
I've had numerous conversations with FAM's who are seated in row 2 aisle seats, and they have confirmed that those seats are a preferred location. Your experience may vary.
Old Dec 13, 10, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Huh.

I've seen FAMs in row 2 on a number of flights. On one, he even had a document out that said "SSI" at the top, and listed the flights he was taking that day
Old Dec 13, 10, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Huh.

Nope not at all. I know 2 myself and while I am not sure if 2B/C are in the "manual" they both tell me they are in Row 2 most of the time. It may just offer better overall awareness with close flight deck proximity.
Old Dec 13, 10, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; NW Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Not FAM

Most likely not FAM...

Do you book through a travel agent? If so, check with them, it could be their system updating your seats and changing them. Thats what was happening to me, after a talk with my TA, it has stoppped.
Old Dec 13, 10, 4:21 pm

Programs: Elites with (DL, KE, OZ, & SPG)
people generally misinterprete about online seating selection.

Those are "Seat Requests" not necessarly mean "Assigned Seat"

Search this Thread
Search Engine: