Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta changed me from seat 2-c again

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Delta changed me from seat 2-c again

Why would delta continue to change my seat from 2-c on a paid first class ticket? This is the second time they have done it within a month on a DTW/LAX trip.

A couple weeks ago I had 2-c reserved and didn't noticed until I was on the jetway that they changed it to a 4th row aisle. Since i was in an aisle I didn't say anything.

I decided to chec k my seat assignments for upcoming trips and had seat 2-c reserved for a DTW/LAX flight friday and see I am moved to a window seat! I get up a lot and like the aisle. The ONLY aisle seats available are in row 1. I don't want a window row and I don't want to sit in row 1.

I heard osmetimes DL will switch seat assignments so two people can sit together, but if that is the case ALL of row 1 is open so they should have sat them together in row 1.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:40 pm

Federal Air Marshal - seats 2B and 2C are often taken by them. Experienced fliers do not select these seat even on a paid ticket.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by 53flyer
Federal Air Marshal - seats 2B and 2C are often taken by them. Experienced fliers do not select these seat even on a paid ticket.
+1
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Might be due to a FAM on baord or just another diamond messing with you. J/K
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Those were my first two thoughts too... If I'm upgraded to those seats by the system, I immediately change my seat if at all possible..
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Good thing to know for in the future thanks! If there is only one air marshall on board though why wouldn't they give him/her 2-b if I booked my ticket before the person sitting in 2-b did.

I did change my seat to 3-b going back now that I know this info.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Good thing to know for in the future thanks! If there is only one air marshall on board though why wouldn't they give him/her 2-b if I booked my ticket before the person sitting in 2-b did.
To the best of my understanding, the FAM selects whatever seat they want, it has nothing to do with working as a pair. The airline can't change the seat the FAM has chosen.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Huh.

I have flown every week for almost a decade and always pick row 2 and have never experienced this. Urban Legend?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Huh.

I have flown every week for almost a decade and always pick row 2 and have never experienced this. Urban Legend?
I've had numerous conversations with FAM's who are seated in row 2 aisle seats, and they have confirmed that those seats are a preferred location. Your experience may vary.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Huh.

I've seen FAMs in row 2 on a number of flights. On one, he even had a document out that said "SSI" at the top, and listed the flights he was taking that day
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Huh.

Nope not at all. I know 2 myself and while I am not sure if 2B/C are in the "manual" they both tell me they are in Row 2 most of the time. It may just offer better overall awareness with close flight deck proximity.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; NW Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Not FAM

Most likely not FAM...

Do you book through a travel agent? If so, check with them, it could be their system updating your seats and changing them. Thats what was happening to me, after a talk with my TA, it has stoppped.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
people generally misinterprete about online seating selection.

Those are "Seat Requests" not necessarly mean "Assigned Seat"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.